To update your smartphone timely Sony announced the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Xperia Z2 two days ago, users who now wish to get enrolled with this new updated Android OS version must follow given guidelines
- You must have back up of your data as there are chances of loosing data while updating software.
- USB debugging mode should be enable if your phone having problem with connecting to your computer.
- Given guidelines are only for the phones which are factory unlocked.
- You should have rooted Xperia Z2.
- Battery should not be below 75%, as phone will get dead if battery will completely drained off during updating phone.
Steps to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Xperia Z2
Step 1 – After downloading the link from above download section to your computer, extract them and connect your Xperia Z2 on using USB cable
Step 2 – Now you need to switch off your device and change it into Fastboot mode by pressing Volume up button while connecting it again through USB cable which will be indicated when your phone LED turns blue
Step 3 – Once it is in Fastboot mode, navigate to the location from where you have extracted the fastboot files and adb, and “open command prompt window” there by pressing “shift” key along with right click.
Step 4 – Then type the following command and press enter after each.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step 5 – Now you need to bring your phone in recovery mode by rebooting which can be done by entering the following command to reboot your device
It will take about five minutes to reboot your Xperia Z2 on first time as it will initialize all the steps. So, have patience….
Step 6 – If any error related to boot loop or another occur then you are recommended for “wipe data factory reset” and wipe dalvik cache also.
Your Xperia Z2 is now installed with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and now you can use your phone with updated software