- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 M3 custom ROM
Hey guys, the CyanogenMod Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM is finally out for the T- Mobile version of the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. We will be guiding you how to install this custom ROM in your Galaxy S3 in few simple steps. So follow this guide below and enjoy this new firmware!
ABOUT THE ROM
The Cyanogen Mod custom ROMs have been known for their fast and bug free performance. The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 M3 custom ROM offers the looks and interface of the original Android 4.2.2. Various bugs have been fixed to offer you a smooth performance. Being a custom ROM, it requires a rooted phone to install. So make sure your phone has been rooted earlier in order to install this ROM. You might experience several boot errors while using this ROM so make sure you have your stock ROM backed up in case you need to re-install it.
METHOD OF UPDATE
We will be installing this custom ROM directly in your phone by using the ClockworkMod recovery mode.
DO’S AND DON’TS
- Create a backup of all the data in your phone into your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone.
- Charge your phone to the max before attempting to update.
- This is not an official ROM. It requires your phone to be rooted.
- ClockworkMod recovery should be installed in your phone.
NOTE: Rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk
TUTORIAL TO INSTALLING THE ROM
- Click on the above links and download both the packages into your PC. Do not extract them after download.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone and connect it to your PC via USB cable. Transfer the downloaded contents into your phone SD card.
- Disconnect the phone and reboot into recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode, switch off your phone. Now hold the volume up and home button and power on using the power button simultaneously to enter the ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Once you are inside the recovery mode, clear all the contents of your phone. Select “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition” to do so.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card”à “Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package first to install.
- Once the firmware is installed, follow the same procedure to install the Google apps package.
- When both the packages have been installed, go back and reboot the phone.
FIRMWARE INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY!!
Yes, you have successfully installed the Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean CM10.1 M3 custom ROM in your Galaxy S3. Have fun using the new ROM and do comment below if you bump into any problems during the installation.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013