- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
- Qualcomm plans on supporting dual camera with Snapdragon 805
How to update Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Well no news yet from Samsung regarding any release of Jelly Bean official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. But not to worry because the XDA guys have developed a custom ROM styled like the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware just for the S Advance devices. This version has proven its stability and no bugs are found so you can install this in your phones without a second thought. I will be describing you the steps to install this ROM in your phone in this article.
Before going to the installation part check out the following points:
- Make sure you create a full backup of the data in your device.
- You have to enable USB debugging in your Phone.
- This is not an official release by Samsung as mentioned above. Your phone must be rooted to install this ROM.
- Clockwork Mod recovery should be installed in your phone.
- Firmware package
Steps to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware Update in Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Download the above firmware for your phone in your PC. Make sure you do not extract the contents.
- Connect the phone to the PC with USB debugging mode enabled. Now transfer the downloaded firmware package to the device SD card.
- Disconnect the phone.
- Open the ROM manager app in your phone and restart it in recovery mode. If you wish to do this manually then switch off the phone, now hold the volume up and home button and power simultaneously to access the recovery mode of your phone.
- Firstly clear up all the data and settings of your phone using the “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- You can also clear up the cache of your phone using “Wipe cache partition” option.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card” and select the firmware package that you transferred. Confirm to start the installation.
- The installation will take some time so have patience. Once it is complete restart the phone.
That’s it! Let the phone restart and experience the new Android 4.1.1 custom ROM in your Galaxy S Advance. If you bump into any problems during installation let us know through your comments.