Good news for OnePlus One users. Tugapower has come with a custom ROM which will upgrade your phone to Android 7.1.1 Tugapower Nougat Custom Firmware. This would improve your device’s performance and UI experiences. We are listing down few essentials points to remember before you move forward with the ROM upgrade:
- You need to make sure that your device is rooted or Bootloader unlocked before moving ahead with the upgradation process
- This new ROM is only compatible with OnePlusOne Bacon models. You can check your phone model here: Settings > About phone> Model Number
- Make sure to back up your complete phone data as this upgradation process will wipe out the complete data on your phone
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone from Settings > Developer Options
- Your phone should be rooted and recovery should be updated
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked
- Kindly ensure to install USB drivers on the PC or else your device will neo be recognized by the PC
- Ensure to charge your phone with sufficient battery, almost more the 90% to avoid any interruption in the custom ROM upgrade process
Once you have ensured the above mentioned pointers, let’s proceed with the new ROM upgrade on your OnePlus One phone.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus One
Step 1: Download Android 7.1.1 TugaPower ROM on your PC
Step 2: With the help of Oneplus One USB cable, connect your phone to PC
Step 3: Move the downloaded file to your Phone
Step 4: Switch OFF your phone and disconnect from the PC
Step 5: Now switch ON you phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button. You will now enter into the Recovery Mode
Step 6: Your phone will now enter into TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) Mode. You are required to wipe off the data in your phone by clicking on the “Wipe” option. Now swipe the option – “Swipe to Factory Reset”
Step 7: Go to the main menu and click on “Install” option. You need to now select the zip file which was copied into the memory card in Step 3
Step 8: Now swipe the option – “Swipe to Confirm Flash”
Step 9: The installation will now be completed. Now you are required to install Google Apps Zip file by following Steps 7 to 9
Step 10: If you encounter boot loops or any other issue, just tap on “Wipe cache/dalvik” option
Step 11: Now you can reboot your phone by clicking on the option – “Reboot System”
Your phone will boot now and will take 5-6 minutes to boot for the first time and will reflect the new ROM. SO be patient!
You are done! You OnePlus One is now installed with Android 7.1.1 TugaPower Nougat custom ROM.
Hope this article is useful. We would love to hear from you on your experience with the new custom ROM.