- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
- Deal – Nexus 6 Sale on eBay for $440 (Free shipping, no sales tax)
- Virgin America announces Android powered in-built entertainment system
Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 WiFi to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware
It’s time to update your Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 WiFi now. The real is wait is over now. Samsung has launched its official firmware update for its Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 WiFi to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 ICS. The update can be done using Samsung KIES and those who don’t have KIES can install manually through our tutorial below. Other flashing tool like ClockworkMod Recovery or a rooting tablet is not required as Samsung’s flashing tool ODIN will be used. Our tutorial we’ll help you in installing XXLPV Android 4.0.4 on your Galaxy Tab 8.9 (WiFi). Please take a note that it’s an official firmware update, not a custom ROM or modified firmware.
As you’ll move further, we will let you know about the complete process of updating your Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 official firmware. Before proceeding further to next page for the tutorial, one should keep some other important tips in mind. We would always recommend you to please backup all your data from the provided tools as sometimes things may go unfavorable in this process. Following tips ahead will be of great use and importance too for a smooth and hassle-free installation process.
XXLPV Android 4.0.4 Firmware Details:
- CSC: P7310OXXLP5
- PDA: P7310OXXLPV
- Version: 4.0.4
- Date: 2013 March
- Regions: Belgium, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Spain, United Kingdom
If you are still confused whether to update your tablet or not or still planning then please go through: Benefits of Rooting Your Android Device.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 USB Drivers
Now you’ll need to connect your device with the computer. Before that, please make sure that you have the Android 4.0.4 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 installed properly on your system. If not installed then please go through our Android USB Drivers section below to download the latest official drivers:
Backup and Other Important Tips
After moving from the USB drivers process to the tutorial ahead, you first need to have a look at some following tips and important points. These points and tips are important in regards of not losing your personal data or apps, as we know and understand the importance of your personal data for you.
As we mentioned earlier we would always recommend you that always backup your important data, which you might need after installing an official update, custom ROM or anything else. Here are some tips on how to save and backup your data:
- Need to backup your Apps. How? -> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backing up your SMS messages. How? -> How to Backup/ Restore SMS messages.
- Call History Backup. How? -> How to Backup Call History.
- Backing up APN Settings: 3G, MMS, GPRS Settings. How? Jot down everything somewhere from: Settings> Wireless & Network (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Samsung KIES can also be used by Samsung users for backing up the data. If you choose to backup data manually then you will get more options from what to choose and also it’s easy to move data across different Android devices manufacturers like moving Samsung Galaxy backed up data to HTC One X.
Some more optional tips that you should keep in mind:
- Enable USB debugging mode, if you are having problems connecting your Android tablet to your computer. Check here: How to Enable USB Debugging – for Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread and Jelly Bean.
- Always keep a note that your phone is charged upto 80-85% battery level. Can help you check: How to Check Battery Percentage. You must be thinking why? The reason is quiet simple and obvious. If your tablet’s battery is low and it gets switched off suddenly while flashing an official firmware update or installing a custom ROM or mods etc. then your device might go dead permanently or may get bricked. And we believe no one wants to face such a bad circumstance, right?
- Most of our How-to guides and tutorials are based on factory unlocked tablets and Android phones. Hence, we recommend NOT opting for our guides if your device is locked to some carrier or unless we mention the carrier name or device model.
Done with the tips and important points thoroughly. Now its time to move on to the next page, to update your Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 latest ICS firmware.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 WiFi to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 ICS
Here we bring a detailed step-by-step instructional guide helping you in how to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 ICS. This won’t be a difficult task for you, if you have installed official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Please go through each and every line carefully once before actually performing the update on your Android device.
Things to Remember:
- Please don’t try this update on any other variants of the tablet as this XXLPV ICS firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310
- It is an unbranded firmware with no carrier apps on it.
- It is not a modified custom ROM but an official firmware by Samsung.
- Before proceeding, please make sure that you have backed up all your data in your tablet.
Rooting Warning: It is an official update for Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 that means you will lose root as soon as you install the update. So, you have to root again the Galaxy Tab 8.9 to recover full system access and to get able to install root apps again. We will soon provide you with a tutorial on how to root Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi with Android 4.0 ICS on it.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1- Download and extract the zip file of Android 4.0.4 XXLPV for Galaxy Tab 8.9 on your computer.
Step 2- Download ODIN v1.85 to help you install Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310.
Step 3- Turn OFF your tablet. To get into the download mode now turn ON the tablet pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons, until you see the Samsung logo or the construction of Android robot and a triangle.
Step 4- Please keep a note that you have the USB drivers of Galaxy Tab 8.9 installed on your computer.
Step 5- Now open ODIN on your computer. Keeping the tablet in download mode, connect it to your computer.
Step 6- One of the ID:COM boxes will go yellow with the COM port number if your tablet is connected successfully to your computer. It might take some time.
Step 7- Now you have to select the files that have to be flashed/installed on your device. These files will be found in the extracted files in Step 1.
- Go and click on ‘PDA’ and select the file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Go and click on ‘tablet’ and select the file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. You can ignore this step if no such file exists there.
- Go and click on ‘CSC’ and select the file with ‘CSC’ in its name. You can ignore this step if no such file exists there.
- Go and click on ‘PIT’ and select the file with .pit file. You can ignore this step if no such file exists there.
Step 8- Check the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options in ODIN. For the option of Re-Partition, check it ONLY when you have selected a .PIT file in the step above.
Step 9- In ODIN, click the Start button now. Installation process will get started by this time and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10- After completing the installation your tablet will restart. Unplug your tablet from computer as you see the home screen on it.
Hurray! It’s done. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 has been updated to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 software. You can check and verify it by going to Settings > About tablet.