- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
- Bombay High Court Goes Digital Using E-Court
- Android 4.4 KitKat Images Leaked – Android Police Says Not Real
- BBM for Android is now available, Download the APK file
- Nokia postponed the launch of its new smartphone Lumia 1520
- IFA 2013 Summary – Top 5 Gadgets
- Apple set to launch its new Smartphone – iPhone 5S
- Buy LG G2 From AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon From Sep 12th
Update Galaxy Gio GT S5660 with MIUI 2.4.20 ROM
The long wait is over now; here comes the final version of MIUI update, 2.4.20, for Galaxy Gio GT S5660. In this tutorial we will provide you the simple step by step procedure to update your device with the same. Before proceeding, check that your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 is rooted or not since it is required to be rooted. Check using Root Checker App.
The features list is also given here. This will show you what new things you will get with this update. It is always beneficial to know the features of the update before installing it since it will give you an overview of the firmware. After that you are advised to go through the requirements list so that nothing catarascopic occur.
- USB Tether
- SD card
- Live wallpapers
- FM Radio
Check out the requirements list before proceeding to the installation procedure.
- Back up you data.
- Tick the option of USB Debugging. (Tutorial here.)
- Charge your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 to 50% power.
Now your device is ready to be update with MIUI 2.4.20 custom ROM, follow the tutorial given here.
Steps to Install MIUI 2.4.20 Custom ROM in Galaxy Gio GT S5660:
- Download the above package and transfer the files to your Galaxy Gio GT S5660.
- Make your device enter in recovery mode. Press Menu + Power keys for manually enter in recovery mode. You may use ROM Manager for this.
- Now to begin the installation procedure, find the option of “Install zip from SD card” and click it.
- A new window will appear, now go for “Choose zip from SD card”.
- Navigate to the zip file in your device and the installation will begin.
- Wait patiently.
- To start in normal mode select “Go Back” and “Reboot System Now”.
Your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 is now update with MIUI 2.4.20 custom ROM. If you get stuck at the Samsung logo at any point in the procedure then reinsert your battery and start updating again. If any doubt prevails then you are free to ask us. Use comments section for that.