- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
Update Galaxy Gio GT S5660 with MIUI 2.4.20 ROM
The long wait is over now; here comes the final version of MIUI update, 2.4.20, for Galaxy Gio GT S5660. In this tutorial we will provide you the simple step by step procedure to update your device with the same. Before proceeding, check that your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 is rooted or not since it is required to be rooted. Check using Root Checker App.
The features list is also given here. This will show you what new things you will get with this update. It is always beneficial to know the features of the update before installing it since it will give you an overview of the firmware. After that you are advised to go through the requirements list so that nothing catarascopic occur.
- USB Tether
- SD card
- Live wallpapers
- FM Radio
Check out the requirements list before proceeding to the installation procedure.
- Back up you data.
- Tick the option of USB Debugging. (Tutorial here.)
- Charge your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 to 50% power.
Now your device is ready to be update with MIUI 2.4.20 custom ROM, follow the tutorial given here.
Steps to Install MIUI 2.4.20 Custom ROM in Galaxy Gio GT S5660:
- Download the above package and transfer the files to your Galaxy Gio GT S5660.
- Make your device enter in recovery mode. Press Menu + Power keys for manually enter in recovery mode. You may use ROM Manager for this.
- Now to begin the installation procedure, find the option of “Install zip from SD card” and click it.
- A new window will appear, now go for “Choose zip from SD card”.
- Navigate to the zip file in your device and the installation will begin.
- Wait patiently.
- To start in normal mode select “Go Back” and “Reboot System Now”.
Your Galaxy Gio GT S5660 is now update with MIUI 2.4.20 custom ROM. If you get stuck at the Samsung logo at any point in the procedure then reinsert your battery and start updating again. If any doubt prevails then you are free to ask us. Use comments section for that.