- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
- Eddy Tablet introduced by Metis Learning for kids in India
Tutorial to Root Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i
If you own the SONY Xperia Tipo ST21i which is an Android smartphone, then you will be glad to know that now it is possible to root the device and unlock its boot loader. Those all who have already unlocked the boot loader, follow the below given simple steps to root it. As we know, if we want any of the custom ROM firmwares on our device, then we need to root it first.
- Battery: Your phone will be able to survive the procedure only if it has at least 30% charged battery.
- Backup: Rooting procedure will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your phone to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. You may use PC Companion tool for the same. Or you may manually take backup of each and everything.
- Antivirus: All the security programs as well as anti-virus programs must be uninstalled and deactivated which stops them to stop the process.
- COM ports: Make sure the PC has all the COM ports pre-installed in it as they are required for the process.
- This process is only for devices with model name: Sony Xperia TIPO. Avoid applying this update to network locked devices especially. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- Any harm to your device during the rooting process is very unlikely and is completely your responsibility. We are not to be blamed for any damage. So, follow the process if and only if you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- While rooting, if your device stops responding, then disconnect and restart it and repeat the steps.
Steps to root Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i:
- Get the package: You will first need the package – “Xperia TIPO Rooting” in your phone. If you don’t have it, then download the same zip file. Extract this file and look for the files:
- The phone must now be connected to the computer via USB. From the files which you extracted, select “RunMe.bat” and open it. Press “4” after opening the file and then do as suggested by the instructions on the screen.
You have successfully rooted Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i, this can be checked by using the “Root checker App” which is available at Google Play Store.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012