- Oppo N3 with rotatable camera will be launched on 29 October
- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
- China made face recognition system with 99% success rate for payment gateways
- IUNI U3 Launched With Some Remarkable Specs and Features
- Micromax And Karbonn Will Launch Android One Tomorrow (15 September)
- LG launches G2 Lite to compete with new Moto G
- Android applications list for Chrome OS unveiled
- Moto X Pure Edition Will Be Launched In September
- Android KitKat 4.4 is running on 24.5% devices – September
Toshiba Satellite L875D-10E Notebook Review – Specs, Features, Price
Toshiba is back in form with full action and power. The new L875D-10E notebook of Toshiba is up in the market now. The company is furnishing 17.3-inch display gadget based on AMD’s trinity platform dubbed satellite. The laptop sounds interesting in its own view of three-year warranty. Lets check out whether the other features of Satellite L875D-10E sound as interesting as its warranty.
Although, Toshiba also uses other materials for structuring, the body of Satellite L875D is made up mostly of plastic. The lid’s rear, the speakers’ grille and the wrist rest are designed with brushed aluminum. The base unit, surface areas and display frame are designed with glossy black plastic. And the aluminum components color is dubbed “Ice Blue”. The base unit’s torsional stiffness is quiet low in comparison to lid’s stability and stiffness. The hinges of the device are rock stiff and keep the lid firmly in place, which disables the user to open lid single-handedly.
The signal strength of the laptop is strong and shows around four to five bars in immediate proximate distance of approx. 3 meters as well as two stories below the router’s position. The device comes with a Wi-Fi module from Realtek (RTL8723AE) that supports the 802.11-b/g/n standards. It also has Bluetooth 4.0 module to transfer files and data with other peripheral and similar devices. Surprisingly, the cabled networks are connected through an outdated Fast Ethernet chip. The device is equipped with a 1-megapixel webcam, which has a decent shoot quality.
Toshiba has featured its device with all interfaces and ports, which we usually find in most laptops these days. Like other usual laptops the satellite L875D comes with three USB 3.0 ports except the Sony Vaio with four USB ports in comparison. Most of the ports located on front right side can become a barrier for right-hand users to operate external mouse.
Operating System, Recovery and Maintenance
Toshiba offers preinstalled Recovery Media Creator tool. It also gives a backup system for repairing the operating system. The device works on preinstalled Windows 8 64 bit operating system. Its recommended to create a recovery DVD to reinstall the system as a Windows DVD is not included with the device. The device maintenance is quiet simple and easy to access. The hard drive of the device can be easily detached from its frame and can be changed and reinserted in the laptop. It supports a total working memory upto 16 GB and has two working memory banks of four-gigabyte module each.
The Satellite L875D has an unlit chiclet keyboard including a number pad. The keys are firm resister, which results in defined strokes of the key. The touchpad is enabled with multi-touch Synaptic features. Some functions are still left unworked as the scroll function.
The Satellite comes with two-year bring-in warranty in which the user has to send the laptop to Toshiba. The warranty of the device is upgradable to three years free of charge.
Concluding in the end, the satellite L875D is money worth notebook with some decent features and gaming powers with the dual graphic solution.
Latest posts by Shalini Hooda (see all)
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 – Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 6 Custom ROM Firmware - April 3, 2013
- LG Nexus 4 – Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 6 Custom ROM Firmware - April 3, 2013
- Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310 WiFi to XXLPV Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware - March 26, 2013