This is the new inclusion in the Portégé series from the house of Toshiba. This lightweight device is the cheapest one in this series. But does that mean it provides any less features than others? Let us take a quick peek at the nitty-gritty of the Toshiba Portégé R930-13F Subnotebook.
The features of this notebook are:
- Operating system: Windows 7 professional
- Processor: the notebook has Intel Core i3 2370M
- RAM: There are two Ram slots among which one is kept empty and that can be extended up to 16 GB
- Screen: It has a 13.3 inch screen
- Memory: It is equipped with 320 GB hard disk
- Battery backup: The battery used is a 66 wh battery and gives about 7.21 hours of battery life.
- Power consumption: When in idle mode it consumes between 6.5 to 10.6 watts. When given full load the range shifts from 45.6 to 50 watts.
- It is an affordable business device capable of docking.
- It weighs 1.4 kg
- It has a proper covering of a magnesium case and the surfaces are kept matt.
- It has USB 3.0 slots.
- This notebook supports Centrino Wireless-N 2230 WALAN.
- This has 4.0 version of Bluetooth.
- The webcam resolution is 1280×1024
- The keyboard as well as the touch pad is made spill proof.
- It also provides a backup of the drivers.
- It has a user friendly manual and comes with some preinstalled software like Nero 11.
- It has two years warranty and that can be extended for four years.
- The temperature of the notebook is within a bearable range.
- Poor sound quality.
- They charge time for the battery is too high about 4:30 hours.
- The picture quality of the webcam is low except if used in daylight conditions.
- There is a problem with the pressure points of the keys.
- The touchpad is not up to the mark rather quite discomfortable to use.
- The display is not of very high quality. Also the contrast in low and the grayscale is not satisfying.
- The horizontal view is only stable up to 45 degrees, then there is a color interference.
- It will prove to be disappointment for the gamers.
- The noise level sometimes goes quite high.
The price of Toshiba Portégé R930-13F Subnotebook is near about 800 Euros. And if you want to go for an extended warranty then you need to pay 109 Euros extra.
Despite being a cheap and lightweight model the Toshiba Portégé R930-13F Subnotebook has too many disadvantages that can prove to be problematic for the users.
- 800 Euros