- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 2 days ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 10 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 10 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 11 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 20 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 21 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 22 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 43 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 44 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 47 days ago
Get Windows Phone 8 Tile look on your Android device
Windows 8 phone operating system’s main eye catching feature is its tile interface. You can place applications as tile on the first screen of your smartphone if your smartphone has Windows 8 operating system but what if you don’t have Windows 8 smartphone and want to have this interface in your smartphone?
We got here answer to your this question as we are including a method to change the look of your android smartphone to the Windows 8 interface. It is done with the help of an application known as, “Tile Launcher Beta 0.51” and it is available at Google Play store. It is developed by recognized “OP” developer at XDA so you can trust this application.
This application works fine with smartphones having latest version of Android i.e. Jelly Bean or Ice Cream Sandwich. But since we don’t have the exact list of devices with which this app works fine so you can just give it a try. Hope it works on your smartphone.
Features of “Tile Launcher Beta 0.51 App”
This app will mainly change the menu and home look of your smartphone with the Windows 8 interface. The features it provides are,
- Improved and optimized scrolling.
- Multiple screens.
- Windows 8 operating system wallpaper and icons.
- Wallpaper can be scrolled.
- Widget and shortcut settings.
- New and customize tiles.
- Rows and columns can be changed.
- Desktop settings.
You can look at the screen shots attached to know more about the features it will add to your smartphone.
Note – This app is based on stock Jelly Bean 4.2 launcher so it will work best with smartphones having Jelly Bean android version.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device from “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Steps to install Tile Launcher Beta 0.51 App
The installation process of this app is similar to installing a normal app which is given below.
- First, download the app from the link mentioned above on your computer or laptop.
- Now connect your device with original USB cable to your computer or laptop and transfer the downloaded app into the root folder of microSD card.
- Now disconnect your device from PC and download File Manager from the link given above.
- Once you install the File Manager app, use it to navigate to the APK file of Tile Launcher, now install it. That’s all. Now you can customize your smartphone and change the interface by selecting available options from the Tile Launcher App’s settings.
That’s it! This is how you can install the app and change the look of your android smartphone to the look of Windows 8 smartphone.