Thanks to the awesome features of the Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware, its popularity is increasing day by day. This update could now be applied to your Nexus S device as well. It is to be noted that this is not an official release of the firmware. Google is planning to release the official version in some course of time. This article serves to guide you through the procedure of applying this update in your Nexus S.
- The device must be rooted, and in order to do so, you can download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY store and then check whether your device is rooted or not.
- Since it is not an official version, it would be good if we do not trust it completely and safeguard all our data before applying the update so that in case of any loss or the corruption of the data, it could be restored easily.
- Furthermore, go to the “Development” menu of “Application” menu of “Settings” to enable the USB debugging as this is important before the updating procedure begins.
- Last, but not the least, please check the battery charge of your device is not less than 40% level as if the phone turns off in the middle of the procedure, it would all be in vain.
Once you have followed all the instructions given in the prerequisites, you are in a position to follow the procedure to apply the update to your Nexus S device.
Procedure to update Nexus S with Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
• The rooting of the device is extremely important. Once the device is rooted, you need to download the Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware and Google Apps: Zip to your PC. Along with it, install the Clock Work mod recovery with the help of ROM Manager app by downloading it from the Google PLAY store.
• After downloading them to your PC, connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable and transfer both these files to your phone. Do not place the files to a location on your device that is difficult to access.
• Once the files are placed in their position, disconnect the phone from the system and switch it OFF. Now, let the phone enter the recovery mode. To enter the recovery mode, you just need to press and hold the volume up key and then press the power button simultaneously.
• After this, select the option of “install zip from SD card -> Choose zip from SD card”. This would display the list of files available on your phone. Choose the file you have transferred from your PC in above step, the update process will begin now and hardly takes 4-5 minutes to complete.
• Final step involves selecting “++++ Go Back ++++” and choosing “reboot system now”. This would reboot the system and would apply the update to your device. It is not advisable not to interrupt the process in between, else it may harm your device.
To check whether the update has been applied to your device successfully or not, you need to follow this path: Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version. If it shows up Cyanogen mod 10 Jellybean Android 4.1 Firmware, you can be sure about the updating procedure completed properly but if it shows up some other Firmware, you need to carry out the procedure again.
I think by now you have applied the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware to your Nexus S. In case you face any problem regarding the whole updating procedure, please let us know in the comments section.