- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
Steps to update Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 T-Mobile with Jedi Mind Trick ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
For the users of T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989, gone are the days of feeling backward and disheartened. You will be able to update the latest version of Custom ROM Firmware named as Jedi Mind Trick v6. This new release is a highly featured firmware. the looks of this firmware such as wallpapers, features etc, resembles to that of Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.(Avoid using PC suite and KIES for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “root checker” app available at Google PLAY store. And as you root the device, the warranty of your phone is no longer valid. To reclaim the warranty, re-apply the Official original firmware update.
- Go to ‘Settings’, select “Applications”. There, select “Development” and then enable “USB Debugging”.
- In your PC, install all the drivers, i.e., T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Drivers.
- All the anti-virus programs and security suites from your device and PC must me disabled.
Steps to update Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 with Jedi Mind Trick ICS Firmware
- Download the packages for Jedi Mind Trick v6 Firmware and Add On packages given at the end of article. Connect your phone and PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip files to your phone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Volume Up button + Menu button and turn On the device.
- Select the options “wipe data/factory reset” >> “wipe cache partition” to clear all the cache memory. In case your device already has a Custom ROM firmware, select “Advanced” >> “clear Dalvik cache”. In case the device boots in normal mode, retry to enter Recovery Mode.
- Alternatively, use CWM app available in ROM Manager app to enter in Recovery Mode.
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SDCard’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 4-5 minutes the process will be completed.
- In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn’t turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 smartphone with ICS Android 4.0.3 Jedi Mind Trick v6 Firmware. You can confirm this by going to “about phone” in the “settings” menu.
Swype.zip, S3MusicPlayer.zip, PolarisOffice.zip, Telus.zip, NoLockScreenRotate.zip, Filemanager.zip, SSuggest.apk zip, QuickpanelSettings.apk zip, JellybeanKeyBoard.zip, NoVolWake.zip, AppWidgetpicker.zip
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012