- OnePlus Two – Possible Specifications
- Google Play New Feature – Pre-register for apps
- Snapchat: Sharing Tool Added to Discover
- OnePlus One Lite To Be Unveiled Today
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Specs and Features Leaked
- Oppo R7 Images Leaked
- OnePlus One CyanogenMod 12S Update Soon to Come
- HTC One M9+ Photos Leaked
- Teaser – OnePlus DR-1 Drone
- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10 Jellybean Firmware in Asus Transformer TF300T
Now your Asus Transformer can be updated with the newest Cyanogen Mod 10 based Jellybean 4.1 Firmware. The release of the Firmware is not official therefore there are some shortcomings with the installation of the firmware, also there are some features of the device that does not support the firmware. In this tutorial we have provided the list of the of the features that does not supports the firmware along with detailed steps on the installation process of Jellybean firmware in your Asus transformer. Also you are provided with the list of the instructions that should be followed before applying the installing process.
Features not supported with the Jellybean firmware are:
- Prepare a recovery file of all the contents of the device as during the installation process since the data might get corrupted or deleted. But remember that the back up should be made manually.
- The minimum battery level of the device should be at least 40% so that it does not turn off in the middle of the installation process. And also you should deactivate all antivirus suites in your device.
- In addition to all this also be sure that your USB Debugging mode is also enabled and USB ports of the device are also activated which have complete read/ write access.
- Also install all your device drivers in your PC that means Asus Transformer TF300T Drivers should be installed.
Hope you followed all the precautoins mentioned above and now to install Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean Firmware in Asus Transformer TF300T follow the set of instructions given below.
Steps to Install Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean Firmware in Asus Transformer TF300T:
- First of all root the device and install Clock Work Mod recovery image in it.
- Now download Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware and Google Apps Package in your PC and then connect you device with the computer and place these zip files in your device.
- Next to get a folder named Fastboot in C:\ drive download and extracts the Fastboot.zip file in the drive. Now copy the boot.img file which was extracted in the above step. Now at this time the Fastboot folder will be having 5 files stored in it.
- Now turn off the device, once you have completed above instructions and disconnected the device from PC to make it enter to recovery mode. To enter in to the recovery mode press volume DOWN button and Power button simultaneously till the message showing “press Volume UP to enter RCK (5s)”. After this is done you need to press Volume Down button to show the USB icon and then again press Volume UP button to assure that.
- Now to apply the firmware, in the recovery mode select “install zip from SD card” then “choose the zip from SD card” and then go for “Cyanogen mod 10 Firmware” which was already placed in the device in the starting. And then choose “Google Apps Package”. After selecting the file the updating process will take at most 10 minutes.
- Once the firmware is applied to the device, then your device will either rebooted automatically or you have been back to recovery mode and there you need to boot the system to the normal mode for that select “++++Go Back++++”and then go for “reboot system now”. And then just restore all the content of the Asus Transformer form the back up files.
By now you have successfully update the Cyanogen Mod 10 based Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your Asus Transformer TF300T. Remember if your gets stuck in the boot loop mode then you have to start the updating process again from starting.
Latest posts by Geeta Lalwani (see all)
- Nikon Coolpix S800C Camera Review: Specs, Features and Price - August 23, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250: MIUI Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware Update - August 22, 2012
- Tutorial to upload videos to YouTube from Android Smartphone - August 21, 2012