- LG G3 – Leaked Specs and Pictures
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Coming Soon for Sprint Nexus 5
- Android 4.4 KitKat update is on 1.8% Android smartphones only
- Exchange old smartphone with Moto G and get Rs. 2000 off on Flipkart
- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
Step by step procedure to root Sony Xperia Acro S
If you bought a new Sony Xperia Acro S and cannot resist the urge to root it and apply new firmwares, then this article will definitely help you. This Android smartphone can be rooted way too easily and you will be able to install any Custom ROM Firmware you desire. If you root the device then you lose the warranty. To reclaim the same, you need to apply the official firmware. It is not necessary to unlock the boot-loader for rooting our smartphone. Make sure you follow all the steps carefully. Any sort of damage to your device during this updating process is completely your mistake. We are not to be blamed for anything.
The updating process will erase all the data stored in your device. So you must back up all of it so that you will able to restore in future. Minimum battery charge must be 40%. Go to ‘Settings’ menu, select the option ‘Application’ and then ‘Development’. There, enable USB Debugging mode. You must disable all the Antivirus programs and security programs so that you can have uninterrupted installing. Also, you must install all the drivers of your Acro S smartphone to the PC.
Rooting Sony Xperia Acro S
- Download this file to your PC.
- Switch Off the phone to enter Operation Mode.
- Press and hold Volume down key and connect the phone to PC via USB wire.
- To start the rooting process, you should run the “Step1.bat” named file.
- After this, flash the 4.0.4 files by the help of flashtool.
- Take care that no data is erased mistakenly and ‘final verification’ option must be checked.
- After the update cancel the flash tool, disconnect and restart the device. (It may restart automatically as well.)
- Connect it to your PC again. This time, “Step2.bat” file is selected to run.
- Screen will display a prompt for Super User (SU) access. Click “Accept” to permit this accessing of system files.
- All this while, you may receive a lot messages, say for example, “Pushing Super SU”.
- During this process, the device also reboots.
You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Acro S smartphone.