- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
- Gionee Marathon M4 – Specs, Features and Price
- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
Sprint Galaxy S3 – Install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 The People’s ROM GS3.10
The People’s ROM GS3.10, well yes the name does sound a bit odd but then this is a new ROM developed for the Samsung Galaxy S3. This new ROM is based on the Android 4.1.1 LJ7 firmware. But it includes many features of Android 4.1.2 like the 4.2 launcher, camera and gallery. It also has the adblock feature available. Ofcourse, this ROM is a custom ROM and not officially released by Samsung. So if you wish to install this new ROM then follow the tutorial below.
Points to keep in mind:
- Backup all the data available in your Phone in your PC before attempting to update.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- The Samsung drivers for your phone should be installed in your PC.
- Your Galaxy S3 should be rooted in order to install the custom ROM.
- ClockworkMod recovery mode should be installed.
- Rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 The People’s ROM GS3.10 on Galaxy S3 –
- Click on the above link and download the firmware package for your phone.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable with USB debugging mode enabled. Send the downloaded data to the device SD card.
- Disconnect the phone and enter the recovery mode of your phone. To access Clockwork Mod recovery, switch off your phone. Now hold the volume up and home button and press the power button to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Inside the recovery mode, navigate using volume button and select using power button.
- Now clear off all the data in your phone. To do so, select “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Clear dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the menu and now install the firmware. Select “Install zip from SD card à Choose zip from SD card” and select the package that you transferred. Confirm to start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete go back and restart the phone.
You’re done! You’ve successfully updated your Sprint Galaxy S3 with The People’s ROM GS3.10. Enjoy the new ROM and check out its all new features. If you do face any sort of problem while installing the ROM do comment below.