- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 8 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 8 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 9 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 18 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 19 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 20 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 41 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 42 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 45 days ago
- Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in IndiaPosted 52 days ago
Sprint Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 – Get Android 4.0.4 Official ICS USFL24
Looking for a latest updated version for Sprint Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 which is basically for fixing instant bugs and helps to update therefore, before rooting your device it’s very important that you should update your device to the latest version available. So, here we have “USFL24 Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware” and remember that it is a ODIN flashable firmware not some CWM recovery flashable, so before rooting you need to update your device first the procedure may cause losing all your previous data so go through the guide carefully before proceeding further.
- Get your phone battery charged at-least above 80% .
- Take all your data like Contacts, messages, photos etc.so, that you can easily recover your data after updating your device.
- Take the EFS backup to save IMEI contacts.
- Download USB drivers available for Epic 4G Touch in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging Mode else you cannot transfer data in between PC and Mobile.
- The Installation uses ODIN which is only compatible for Windows OS. So, Linux OS or some other OS users need “Crossover Utility” to run ODIN in your OS.
- Your custom ROM will get replaced by official stock ROM.
- Once updated, your device will not remain a rooted device further though new root technique for this firmware will be available soon.
- Extract the downloaded file just once,and if extracted file don’t have any modem or any other file that shows you really don’t need them, the only thing you require is a .tar.md5 ext. which is flashed by PDA section.
- If “Md5 hash value is not valid” then you again need to download the firmware.
Steps to update Sprint Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 with official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
- First, download D710USFL24 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware zip file and ODIN zip.
- Extract the downloaded file and you will get .tar file or may be some other format.
- Now, extract ODIN zip file and you will get Odin3 V3.07.exe accompanying some other files as well.
- Switch off your device and hold onto volume down, home and power button and put your phone in download mode until you see logo appearing on screen.
- Once you finish download, run odin3 v3.07.exe as an administrator.
- Now, connect your phone with PC using USB cable if it appears “added” your done with it else connect to some other USB port, if that falls again then reinstall the driver and a COM port with a yellow number appears if you are successfully added the device.
- See step 1 and select the files from D710USFL24 folder in ODIN.
- Click PDA button and select .tar file with “code” appearing the name.
- Click Phone button, select “modem” (leave this if no such info appear)
- Click CSC button, select “csc” file (leave this if not seen)
- Click PIT button, select .pit file. Go for this step only if you see this while extracting step 1 else skip it.
- If you are using a .pit file make sure that Repartition checkbox is selected and in Odin window Auto reboot and F. reset time checkboxes are selected.
- Recheck above 2 steps carefully! Then proceed further satisfactorily by clicking on START button to begin flashing process.
- As soon as flashing get over, reboot will happen automatically and you will notice a PASS message with a green color background at the very top of Odin and you can unplug your device after it is done.
Congratulations..!! Your device is ready for new experience of Android 4.0.4 ICS build D710USFL24. Check your phone settings, to verify the updated firmware.