Sony has released its new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Xperia Z3 two days ago. Xperia has already rolled out this Android OS version to its certain flagships handsets. Now we are here to tell you how to install Android 6.0.1 RXSW Marshmallow ROM on your Xperia Z3. Before moving further keep some tips in your mind so that your device will be safe.
Requirements before proceeding
- The foremost thing you need to do is backing up your phone because you never know what might happen. Users can back up their data using PC companion.
- If you have problem connecting the device then you need to enable USB debugging mode.
- Android device should be charged up to 70% battery level as if phone battery will get finished off suddenly it might get permanently dead.
- Latest Sony drivers should be installed to your computer.
- You are recommended not to try our guidelines if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we mention the carrier name or device model.
Steps to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Xperia Z3
Step 1 – You can start installation by downloading the files from above mentioned link
Step 2 – Then in next step you have to switch off and make it into Bootloader Mode, now press and hold the volume up button while connecting via USB cable and if phone’s LED will turn blue it will signify that your phone has turned to Bootloader mode.
Step 3- The moment when phone turns into Fastboot mode, now go to the location which are source of extracted adb and fastboot files.
step 4- Now unzip the downloaded files and rename as boot.img and open Command prompt window by pressing “Shift”key along with right click.
Step 5- In the Command window enter: “fastboot devices” – Xperia Z3 should be listed.
Step 6- Again tap on the command window: “fastboot flash boot boot.img”- will flash the modified boot image
Step 7- Then again press the enter “fastboot flash system system.img”. to flash the image of system
Step 8- Press enter “fastboot flash boot boot.img”.- to install modified boot image.
Step 9– Now you need to turn your phone in Recovery mode which can be done by switching ON phone alongwith pressing Volume up button, when you will be done with this a pink LED light will appear on your phone.
Step 10- If boot loop or any other error is issued then you are recommended to wipe the dalvik cache and wipe the cache by selecting “wipe cache partition’ as well.
This is the whole procedure how you can install AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your Xperia Z3. Enjoy and keep in touch for further similar guidelines.