- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Infuse 4G i997: Updating with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
Now you can update your Samsung Infuse 4G with the Jellybean 4.1 firmware. This is actually the unofficial release of the firmware so we can say that it is a custom ROM firmware which is being developed under the WIP team and Samsung will not announce it’s any official release for the device. As this release is still under development so there some components of the device that support this custom ROM firmware and some that does not. Here in this article we will give provide guide-line on how to update this firmware on your device along with the instructions that you should take before starting the updating process and also list of things that work in favor of this firmware and also those not.
The features that work in favor of this custom ROM firmware are: –
- Touch Screen
- Camera (partially)
- Sound (partially)
- Shortcut key, etc.
The features that do not support this firmware are: –
- Wi-Fi, etc.
- Before starting the updating or installing process do back up all the data of the phone as might require restoring. As during the process data might get corrupted or lost. Make the back up of the device manually do not use Samsung KIES for back up as it does recognize the device in the custom ROM firmware.
- Secondly the minimum battery level should not be less 40%, so that the phone does not get switch off in the middle of the process.
- Thirdly, you have to disable all the antivirus suites and enable USB debugging. And also you should be having admin rights in your PC with USB read or write access.
- And also the device should already be rooted before starting the updating process. But as the device is rooted its warranty is lost and it can only be reclaimed by updating any official firmware.
Now once you have followed the pre-requisite instructions you can now start the process of updating the firmware. Follow the guide line given below to update the custom ROM firmware.
Update Samsung Infuse 4G i997 with JellyBean 4.1
- Firstly download the Jellybean 4.1 version of Android on your computer. After downloading the Jellybean 4.1, attach Samsung Infuse 4G to the computer with the original USB cable and then put that downloaded file in the device. Be sure that you does place the very deep in the device as it will be difficult to find it when require later in the recovery mode.
- Now make the device to enter in to the recovery mode, disconnect the device from PC and switch it off.
- To enter into the recovery mode in press the power button simultaneously holding Volume UP and Volume DOWN button to boot it in recovery mode. Repeat the instructions till the device boots in recovery mode.
- Once you enter into the recovery mode then choose Wipe data or factory reset and also choose Wipe Cache partition and then press the volume rocker keys to select the reboot system to reboot the device. Now you also need to select the Advanced Option to clear the “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now to apply the firmware in the device select “install Zip from SD card” then “select the zip from the SD card” and then choose the “Jellybean 4.1 Custom ROM firmware Package” which is already placed in the device in the starting of the process. And this will take just 4-5 minutes. And once all this is done either it will be rebooted directly or you will come back too recovery mode screen only.
- And if you come back to recovery screen then on home screen of recovery mode select”++++ Go Back++++” and select the option of “reboot system now” to reboot the system.
Note:- If any time device gets in boot loop mode then you need to again follow the instructions from the starting again to update the Jellybean Custom ROM firmware in your device.
Congratulations, applying the above mention instructions you will successfully be able to update the Samsung Infuse 4G i997 with the Jellybean 4.1 custom Rom Firmware. And if you face any kind of problem during the process do let us know in the comment section we will surely try to solve it as soon as possible.