- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360: Android ICS 4.0.4 CM9 Custom ROM Update
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is a budget android smartphone which has 830MHz processor with 290MB RAM available for user. It has a 3.0” TFT touch screen with 240×320 pixels resolution. It has a rear 2MP camera with an expandable slot of memory card (upto 32GB).
For connectivity it has Wi-Fi with Hotspot feature, Bluetooth, microUSB, GPRS, EDGE and HSDPA (3G). So, Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 has got all features packed at the budget price. The only miss in this android smartphone is that it still comes with Android 2.3 (gingerbread) operating system and we have Android ICS and Jelly Bean in the market. So here we got a complete guide so that you can update the operating system of this budget android smartphone from gingerbread to ICS. This update is not official so please comment here if you get any problem in the update and we will be fixing the problem as soon as possible.
Features of CM9 Custom Firmware ICS Android v4.0.4
The android ICS update we got here for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is CM9 Custom Firmware ICS Android v4.0.4. It will update the operating system and will add following features to your smartphone,
- New user interface
- Updated GooglePlay app store with updated applications
- Updated media player with support for more extensions
You will not be able to use the face unlock feature as Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 doesn’t have any front facing camera.
You need to check certain requirements before starting the update process. Requirements are as follows,
- Make USB debugging mode enable from “Settings -> Applications -> Development”.
- Charge your smartphone to half of its battery power.
- Download the Galaxy Y USB drivers and install them on your PC so that your device should be able to connect with you PC.
- Create a backup file of your personal data as SMS, Call Logs, SD card content using apps.
Steps to Install Android ICS 4.0.4 CM9 Custom ROM in Galaxy Y S5360:
Follow these simple steps to update the operating system to Android ICS 9v4.0.4).
- Download the custom ROM zip file to your PC or laptop from the link provided above.
- Now connect your device to PC and transfer the zip file in the SD card (root folder).
- Disconnect it from the PC and make it switch off.
- Now start your device while pressing and holding volume up, home and power buttons together to get into the recovery mode. Repeat until you succeed.
- In Clockworkmod recovery, full wipe the data and then move down to the update zip file by pressing volume button and press power button to select the zip file.
- Go to “Install zip form SD card” and then select “Choose zip from SD card”. Now navigate to the ICS ROM zip file which is there in the SD card using volume keys and select it by power button.
- Now click to “+++++Go Back” and restart your device.
Your device will start now and it may take about 5 minutes to start for the first time. Your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is now updated with Android ICS 4.0.4 CM9 Custom ROM.
Latest posts by Pawan Kumar (see all)
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Rooting on ZSBMA1 based Official Android 4.1.1 - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – Install ZSBMA1 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 16, 2013
- Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 – XXBLL3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update - January 14, 2013