- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Galaxy Stratosphere II with Sliding Keyboard – Specs, Features, Price
The Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II (Verizon) is a low ranged Smartphone. The USP of this device is its smooth and comfortable sliding keyboard. Now have it got other features to stand out in the crowd and make its presence felt?
The pointers which make ups this Smartphone are as follows:
- Operating system: It has the latest Android 4.0 OS i.e. the Ice cream sandwich.
- Processor: 1.2 GHz.
- Memory: the internal memory is 8 GB.
- Keyboard: it is a keyboard handset featuring 5 row sliding keyboard.
- Display: it has a resolution of 800 x 480.
- Case: it has a round pebble like shape and has a good aesthetic. It is a smart looking phone.
- Weight: this phone is a bit heavy weighing 5.43 ounces.
- Size: it is 4.97 x 2.58 and is about 0.55 inch thick due to the sliding keyboard
- SD card: it supports SD Cards up to 32 GB.
- Communication: this new presentation from galaxy supports 4G technology beside 3G.
- Bluetooth: it supports the latest 4.0 version of Bluetooth.
- Camera: it has 4x zooming capacity and flash. Four types of shooting modes can be availed. It features a 1.3 megapixel front camera. The geotagging facility is also available. It has a good image quality.
- Video: the videos recording is good and also portrays actual colors.
- Battery duration: it has an 1800 mAH battery that lasts for 17 hours when 3G is enabled and for 15 hours during 4G. It also has a moderate charging hour.
- Speech: It has a good speech quality and very low rate of call drop.
It has basic features like Calendar, Email, Music player, Ringtones, Video player, Calculator, Games, Radio, Memo pad, Alarm clock, Voice mail, Voice assistance, Mobile office and App store. This phone features a lot of applications. It is equipped with almost all the major applications from Google. It has Gmail, Latitudes, Youtube, G+, Google browser, Local Maps with navigation and Gtalk. It also has applications like Portals to magazine, playbooks, movies, music stores, etc., Native browser, Audio books, Kindle and Amazon store.
- The power button is hard to locate because of its small size.
- The display color appears to be oversaturated.
- The display has a hint of blue tint.
- The functions often gets slow and take time for responding.
The pricing of this phone is kept at $129.99.
The low priced Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II (Verizon) is good having some nice features but it has nothing extraordinary to offer. However it is a good phone for using in an affordable range.