- LG G3 – Leaked Specs and Pictures
- Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Coming Soon for Sprint Nexus 5
- Android 4.4 KitKat update is on 1.8% Android smartphones only
- Exchange old smartphone with Moto G and get Rs. 2000 off on Flipkart
- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 – Update with Android 4.2.2 XXUBMEA OTA
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 has just received the Android 4.2.2 based OTA update, firmware name is XXUBMEA. This update is available via OTA, if you didn’t get it then you can install it manually by following the below procedure. Below are the details of this firmware.
Android 4.2.2 XXUBMEA Firmware Details
- Version: Android 4.2.2
- Built date: May 29, 2013
- MODEM: I9500DXUBMEA
- CSC: I9500OLBBMEA
- PDA: I9500XXUBMEA
- Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.
Let’s start with the prerequisites.
- First of all verify that you are using the GT-I9500 model, since this will not work with other models.
- Don’t forget to take the backup of your important data.
- Device must not be locked.
- USB drivers should be installed.
- Enable the USB debugging in your device.
- Your device should be charged about 70%.
- GT-I9500 Firmware Android 4.2.2 XXUBMEA
- Odin (version 3.07)
Steps to manually update S4 I9500 to Android 4.2.2
- Download the above packages and extract them. You will get the .tar.md5 and Odin.exe.
- Switch off your device and restart it in Download mode (Press Volume Down, Home and Power button together when it’s rebooting, when you see the Android icon press Volume Up button).
- In your computer right click on the Odin file and run it as administrator. Connect the device to computer using USB cable. Wait for sometime until you see the message “Added” in Odin. ID:COM will become yellow.
- Now in Odin do selection like below
- PDA: select it and use .tar.md5 file which we downloaded.
- Phone: select it and use modem file
- CSC: select it and use CSC file
- PIT: select it and use PIT file
- Auto Reboot: Check
- F. Reset Time: Check
- Re-Parition: Check only if you have PIT file
You’re ready, click on the START. After some time your device will reboot automatically. Disconnect it from computer and you’re done.
Your device (Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) is not running Android 4.2.2 based XXUBMEA firmware. You can confirm it from Settings/About Phone.
Solving Errors: If your phone gets hanged then go to recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up home and power button and from there select Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition and then redo the steps.