- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy S3 Update: Install XXELKC based Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Samsung has released another update after the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXELK4 for the Galaxy S3. This new update dubbed as XXELKC has lots of improvement over the last update and is focused on a number of bug fixes. The S3 users can install this update directly using Samsung Kies since this is an official release. The ones who wish to update manually can follow the simple guide below and get this firmware in their phones. We will be using ODIN v1.85 to flash this firmware into your phone.
Let’s check some of the new interesting features this update has to provide:
- A new feature called Multiview feature has been added.
- The notification bar can now be customized for better usage.
- The brightness slider is no longer a part of the notification bar.
- The smart rotation feature is pre-enabled and the Android 4.2 keyboard is preinstalled.
- New apps like Page buddy, Paper Cast app and Group cast apps are added.
- The Galaxy Note 2 gallery has been added.
Pre-requisites to installing the firmware:
- A proper backup of the device data should be made before updating.
- Enable USB debugging in your devices.
- Make sure your phone has enough charge (80-85% minimum) before updating.
- ODIN v1.85 should be installed in your PC.
- This is an official release by Samsung. Installing this manually will not void warranty although it will remove root access if you have rooted your phone previously.
- XXELKC Jelly Bean 4.1.2 package for S3
- ODIN v1.85
Steps to install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 in Galaxy S3
- Click on the above links and download the files to your PC. Extract them in separate folders.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone and connect it to the PC using USB cable. Transfer the files to the device SD card.
- Disconnect the phone and reboot it in download mode. Hold the volume up button and power button simultaneously to enter the download mode. Reconnect it to the PC using USB cable.
- Once the phone is recognized by the PC, the ID:COM port in ODIN will display a yellow light with the COM port number.
- In ODIN, click on the PDA box and insert the tar file. Next click Start to begin installing the firmware.
- Once the firmware gets installed the phone will reboot automatically.
That’s all about the installation part. Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 is updated to the latest firmware Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELKC. If you have any queries just drop your comments below and we will be there to help you.