- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300: Install Jelly Bean Based Stable XXDLI6 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 XXDLI6 Update
Having Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and waiting for the latest Jelly Bean update then time has came to update your smartphone as here we are providing you with the easy step by step tutorial which will install the latest stable Jelly Bean 4.1.1 XXDLI6 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Let me tell you first that this firmware is not an official release but Samsung has released it as for testing purpose so there may be some features which will stop working after installing this update.
The last updates like XXDLI4 and XXDLI5 are reported to have some issues like heavy loss of battery charge and overheating of the device. One good thing with this update is that it is released worldwide so any one who is having Galaxy S3 I9300 can update with this firmware.
- Back up: Create a back up of all the important data since applying this update may corrupt some files and the data will be no longer useful. It is advised to not use KIES for creating the back up since it will support your device after you will update it. You may use certain apps for SMSs, Calls or you may also opt for SD card.
- Battery: Your Galaxy S3 I9300 must carry at least 40% battery charge s that low battery will not hinder the updating process.
- The update is only for model “Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300”, check out your model name in “About Phone” section of “Settings”.
- You must follow the instruction strictly and in same sequence, we are not responsible for any damage held to your device.
We assume that you have followed the above mentioned points and now we are providing you the step by step tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXDLI6 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware.
Steps to install XXDLI6 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Get the Package: For installing the update you have to download following: “XXDLI6 Jelly Bean Firmware” and other is “Odin“.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9300: Now connect your device with the PC and transform the downloaded files to it and then disconnect it.
- Enter Download Mode: Switch off the device and press the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously to enter boot loader mode and there select the download mode. Repeat the process until you enter the download mode.
- Get the File: Once you enter in download mode, open Odin in your PC and select “PDA” and then select “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5”. Now the ID: COM section of Odin has turned yellow. If the ID: COM is not turning t yellow then you may have to install the USB drivers again or you may have not ticked the “Samsung KIES” in your USB Settings.
- Updating Process: Now click to “OK” to start the updating process, it will hardly take 4 minutes for the whole updating process. The phone will automatically reboot now but it may take longer time since it will be the first boot after updating.
You have updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXDLI6 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware; you may check the firmware version in “About Phone” section of “Settings”. In case your device got stuck at any point in the updating process then you have to switch it off and reinsert the battery. If you encounter any problem in the installation process then you are free to ask us and we will provide you with the best solution.
Latest posts by Aayushi Jain (see all)
- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone - March 26, 2015
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB) - March 25, 2015
- LG G3 T-Mobile – Stock Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM Update - March 24, 2015