- Oppo N3 with rotatable camera will be launched on 29 October
- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
- China made face recognition system with 99% success rate for payment gateways
- IUNI U3 Launched With Some Remarkable Specs and Features
- Micromax And Karbonn Will Launch Android One Tomorrow (15 September)
- LG launches G2 Lite to compete with new Moto G
- Android applications list for Chrome OS unveiled
- Moto X Pure Edition Will Be Launched In September
- Android KitKat 4.4 is running on 24.5% devices – September
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300: Updating with Jelly Bean XXDLH6 Firmware
Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware for Samsung S3 GT I9300 is expected to be released on 29th August. As the releasing date is arriving, so are arriving the leaked releases, most recent being XXDLH6.
XXDLH6 is the unofficial Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware. As this is unofficial update, it doesn’t work with KIES, instead one has to use Odin tool.
Things to do before updating
You will also have to root your device with the I9300 model which is an internal version.
The updating process will erase all the data stored in your device. So you must back up all of it so that you will able to restore in future. For backup you can use the Apps for data like call log, contacts, SMS, MMS and SDcard for files, music, videos, settings etc. Minimum battery charge must be 60%. And, go to ‘Settings’ and select the option ‘USB Connection’. There, enable KIES mode.
Make sure you follow all the steps carefully. Any sort of damage to your device during this updating process is completely your mistake. We are not to be blamed for anything.
Steps to install XXDLH6 Jelly Bean Firmware in Galaxy S3 GT I9300
- Download the following two packages to your PC: a) XXDLH6 Firmware b) Odin.
- In your PC, extract them and open Odin.
- Switch Off your phone to enter Download Mode. For this press and hold Volume Down + Centre key + Power key. Then a green robot appears on the screen to indicate Download Mode.
- Use USB cable and connect your phone to your PC.
- Once you connect them, ID:COM section on Odin gets yellow-coloured. This tells us the successful installation of drivers.
- In case that doesn’t happen, ensure these two things: a) USB drivers are installed in your PC b) Go to ‘Settings’, choose ‘Wireless & Network’ and ‘USB Settings’. Now, select “Samsung KIES”.
- Now first select “PDA” and then “I9300XXDLH6_I9300OXADLH6_I9300XXLH6_HOME.tar.md5”. Select “Start”.
- The process completes in about 4-5 minutes. The screen will show Language selection settings etc. indicating that the firmware is successfully applied.
- Now disconnect your device from the PC. Enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up + Centre key and holding them together with the Power key.
To make sure you have installed this firmware, go to the “About Phone” option present in “Settings”. The firmware version will display “Jelly Bean 4.1.1”.
If the phone does not respond and is stuck at the start-up screen, turn it off by removing the battery, re-insert it and follow the above instructions from the start properly.
We congratulate you for successfully updating Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXDLH6 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware version.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012