- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT i9300: AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update
Good news for the users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone as now they can update their phone with Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) based Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware. The Samsung Electronics has not yet announced this update for the device so it’s actually a custom ROM Firmware and we should thanks to Faryaab; the XDA developer for introducing Jelly Bean Firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S3. As this is not Official Firmware update so there might still some bugs after the update but along with the style this new update will also add some more stunning features in the device. In this course of article we will introduce all the new features of the device along with the detail guideline on the firmware update with some prerequisite measures.
Features supported by Galaxy S3 after AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware update:
- Android 4.0.3 – ITL41F
- Pre installed with Super user and busy box.
- Can be rotated at 180 degrees
- Unsecure boot.img
- Power Menu/ CM Launcher
- CM Brightness slider
- Press Home Key for long time for recent apps
- Available with the init.d configuration/ Built in performance
- Provided with the custom color for anything in RC.
- Nav Bar transparency
- Nav Bar color picker
- Nav Bar: press search button for long time
- Nav Bar button Reorder: Back-Home-Search-Menu
- Nav Bar button Glow Duration: Off, Fast, Slow
- Nav Bar hide on Lock screen
- Battery Bar in Status Bar or Nav Bar. Bar thickness, Charging animation
- Clock/ Location: Right. Center, Disable
- Battery icon: Circle Mod,, Bar, Text Only, Icon + text, Icon Only or none
- Pull down menu: Autorotate, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Vibrant, Silent, Airplane Mode, Data, Sync, Tethering, 4g, Torch, Brightness
- Menu button Location: Left, Right, both , Remove
- LCD Density
- Lock Screen Style: Quad, Stock, Octo
- Lock screen horizontal option
- Lock Screen SMS customizable Shortcut
- Menu Button visibility: Always Show, Always show Invisible Icons
- Unlock screen with Legacy Menu Button
- Performance Menu: Max/Min CPU, Scaling Governor
- Press volume Key to wake Screen
- Press volume Key to Skip the tracks
- To kill any process press the back button for long time
- ICS ringtones/ notification sounds
- Customize Carrier text to whatever Option
- Disable Boot animation
- Disable CRT Off Animation
- LED pulse settings( On/ Off time)
- Power menu options: Boot to Recovery/ boot loader, screenshot, Reboot
- Keyboard: Volume keys acts as cursor while typing—disable keyboard options
- After rooting your device and before you start the process firstly you should back up your all data as you need to wipe out all the data during the process. Do not use Samsung KIES to back up the data as it does not recognize the device during the process.
- The battery level of the device should be at least 40% so that it does not get turn off in the middle of the process and you need not to start it again.
- Enable “USB Debugging mode” by following the path go to Settings then go to Applications then select development and then select USB Debugging.
- All the antivirus suites should be uninstalled from the device as it interrupts in the middle of the process.
Hope you have followed the above instructions and now its turn to start the actual process of updating.
Steps to install AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Any update of firmware can only be applied on the rooted device only so before starting the updating of the device, root it first. To check whether your device is rooted or not, download “Root checker” app from Google store.
- Now to start the update download the AOKP based Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware Package along with the Google Apps package on your PC.
- After you have finished the downloading, connect the device with the PC and place the zip files in the device.
- Now to enter in to the recovery mode, disconnect it from PC and switch it off and then Press the Center, Volume Up key button along with the power button.
- Next to apply this update select “install zip from SD card” and then “select the zip from SD card” and then press power button to select 4.1.1 Firmware package” and “Google Apps Package”. And this apply will take around 4-5 min.
By following the above mention instructions you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 with the Jellybean 4.1 custom Rom Firmware. And if you face any kind of problem during the process do let us know in the comment section we will surely try to solve it as soon as possible.