- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy S Plus GTI9001: Installing CM9 based Android 4.0.4 ICS
For the users of Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 who were eagerly waiting for launch of official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, there is no news about its launch. But, the good news is that developers of Cyanogen Mod finished a firmware for users’ device- Cyanogen Mod 9 (CM9), a firmware based on Android 4.0.4 ICS. It can be installed on your device, only if you follow the tutorial underneath step by step.
However, this is only good for the people who want to take danger for greater good. But for the users who love their devices as it is, and don’t want custom ROMs made to be run on it then they should better wait for its official update. Now, if one wish to continue with this procedure, try to check the basics underneath and fulfil them honestly..
- User need to backup phones’ those contents that one don’t want to lose which include music, SMS, video, settings, files, etc….this is because during data transfer corruptions have been reported. Though there is rare possibility but one should not risk the data.
- Mobile should have at least 70% of battery .low battery can interrupt the procedure and can make phone inoperable.
- User should disable all security options including antivirus. This is because we are dealing with an unofficial version of firmware and there are chances that security app picks wrong file and delete it.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on the device since it will be connected to the PC. To do so go to →setting→ application→ development→ USB Debugging.
Now let’s start the process.
Steps to install CM9 based ICS Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001
- CM9 Android 4.0 ICS package and Google Apps should be downloaded by the user. They should be saved into your PC in easily accessible directory.ICS package is around 120MB so it may take some time in downloading.
- Connect PC to Galaxy S Plus using USB cable and transfer both software to phones’ microSD card. Both should be transferred in main directory to make them detectable. Now, after coping disconnect the phone.
- Hold down Volume Up, home and power buttons together to put phone in recovery mode. If it fails to do it, continue the step until it do so.
- When recovery mode is on, choose “factory reset/wipe data” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all phone data.
- Select “install zip from SD card” while still in recovery mode and then select “choose zip from SD card”. Now browse your memory card and choose “CM9 4.0.4 Package” and then “Google apps”
- Device will take 5 to 7 minutes after choosing these files to update firmware. You will be brought back to Recovery Mode screen. Device can also get reboot after being updated.
- In the recovery mode select “++++ Go Back ++++” and “reboot system now”
By following above instructions you can update Samsung S plus GT 19001 to CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.