- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Samsung Galaxy S Plus GTI9001: Installing CM9 based Android 4.0.4 ICS
For the users of Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 who were eagerly waiting for launch of official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, there is no news about its launch. But, the good news is that developers of Cyanogen Mod finished a firmware for users’ device- Cyanogen Mod 9 (CM9), a firmware based on Android 4.0.4 ICS. It can be installed on your device, only if you follow the tutorial underneath step by step.
However, this is only good for the people who want to take danger for greater good. But for the users who love their devices as it is, and don’t want custom ROMs made to be run on it then they should better wait for its official update. Now, if one wish to continue with this procedure, try to check the basics underneath and fulfil them honestly..
- User need to backup phones’ those contents that one don’t want to lose which include music, SMS, video, settings, files, etc….this is because during data transfer corruptions have been reported. Though there is rare possibility but one should not risk the data.
- Mobile should have at least 70% of battery .low battery can interrupt the procedure and can make phone inoperable.
- User should disable all security options including antivirus. This is because we are dealing with an unofficial version of firmware and there are chances that security app picks wrong file and delete it.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on the device since it will be connected to the PC. To do so go to →setting→ application→ development→ USB Debugging.
Now let’s start the process.
Steps to install CM9 based ICS Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001
- CM9 Android 4.0 ICS package and Google Apps should be downloaded by the user. They should be saved into your PC in easily accessible directory.ICS package is around 120MB so it may take some time in downloading.
- Connect PC to Galaxy S Plus using USB cable and transfer both software to phones’ microSD card. Both should be transferred in main directory to make them detectable. Now, after coping disconnect the phone.
- Hold down Volume Up, home and power buttons together to put phone in recovery mode. If it fails to do it, continue the step until it do so.
- When recovery mode is on, choose “factory reset/wipe data” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all phone data.
- Select “install zip from SD card” while still in recovery mode and then select “choose zip from SD card”. Now browse your memory card and choose “CM9 4.0.4 Package” and then “Google apps”
- Device will take 5 to 7 minutes after choosing these files to update firmware. You will be brought back to Recovery Mode screen. Device can also get reboot after being updated.
- In the recovery mode select “++++ Go Back ++++” and “reboot system now”
By following above instructions you can update Samsung S plus GT 19001 to CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.