- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000: Flyme Operating System Update
Flyme operating system is another Os which is somewhat different from Android and if you are tech freak then you must want to experience this. In this article, we will guide you to update your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Flyme OS. But this is an under construction update so have some bugs that make some of the device’s feature not to work properly. We have listed the features that are working fine with the new OS, check them out.
- Booting and Sound
- Screen touch
- Camera is working fine but video shoot is disabled.
Features not working:
- Recording of calls.
- Calls can’t be received.
- If you want to be on safe side and don’t want to lose your data then make a back up of it. Use simple method like apps or SD card for this. Do not use Samsung KIES since once you update your device with this OS, your device might not support that.
- USB Debugging option must be checked. Go to “Applications -> Development” for enabling it.
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to at least 70% power.
- Check out if your device is rooted or not since you are required to have a rooted device for this update. Use Root Checker app.
Steps to Install Flyme Operating System in Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
- Download the above package in PC and move it to your device.
- After moving the OS files to your device, disconnect it from PC. Turn it off.
- Make the device enter in recovery mode, you may use ROM Manager App for this. For manually entering in recovery mode long press Volume Up + Power + Home buttons.
- Clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. For this select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and also “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- To begin the installation procedure, select “Install zip from SD card”. Now the device will ask you to “Choose zip from SD card”. You have to select the downloaded and moved file now and the process will start automatically.
- Wait 4-5 minutes patiently.
Your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is now updated with Flyme OS. The update will make many important features in not working state so be sure before update that whether you want to experience the Flume OS or not.