- Xiaomi to Launch Smartwatch and Smartphone
- Intex Aqua Xtreme V – Launched for 11,290 INR (16 GB)
- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070: Install TWRP Recovery
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone which is also rooted, then you will be able to install TWRP Recovery which is the latest touch- based (controls everything by a touch) custom Recovery. Recovery is needed when you want to install various custom ROM Firmwares on your device, be it Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or ICS 4.0.
- Battery: Your phone will be able to survive the procedure only if it has at least 40% charged battery.
- Backup: This procedure will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your phone to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. And if you think KIES will do it all for you, then I am sorry to say but that won’t work with these firmwares. You have only one choice left: manually backup each and everything. You can use various apps for SMSs, Call Logs. You can transfer Images, video, audio, files, etc to some external card or to your PC.
- Root: To install Recovery, the device must be rooted compulsorily. One can check for this by using “Root Checker App” available at Google PLAY Store.
- This process is only for devices with model name: Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Avoid applying this update to network locked devices especially. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- Any harm to your device during the rooting process is very unlikely and is completely your responsibility. We are not to be blamed for any damage. So, follow the process if and only if you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- While rooting, if your device sticks somewhere on Samsung logo or start screen, restart it and repeat the steps.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with TWRP Recovery:
- Get the package: You will first need the packages – “TWRP Recovery” as well as “Odin tool” in your phone. If you don’t have it, then download the same zip files. Now, open the Odin file in your PC and switch OFF the phone.
- Enter Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Power keys. Retry this if the device turns off in normal mode.
- Install Drivers: Connect your phone with your computer (via USB cable) and check whether ID: COM section in Odin has turned yellow. If yes, then all the drivers are installed in your PC.
- START: Select ‘PDA’ >> select ‘GT_I9070_GB_TWRP_KERNEL.tar.md5’ >> select “Start”. Applying this update may take about 3 or 4 minutes before the appearance of Home screen. The device reboots on its own taking 2-3 minutes more than usual. Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Confirm: To confirm that the process was completed successfully, enter Recovery mode in your device.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with TWRP Recovery and now you can easily install any Custom ROM firmware.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012