- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070: Install TWRP Recovery
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 smartphone which is also rooted, then you will be able to install TWRP Recovery which is the latest touch- based (controls everything by a touch) custom Recovery. Recovery is needed when you want to install various custom ROM Firmwares on your device, be it Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or ICS 4.0.
- Battery: Your phone will be able to survive the procedure only if it has at least 40% charged battery.
- Backup: This procedure will erase all the data and of course you don’t want the data on your phone to vanish. So as a precaution, keep a backup for all of it. And if you think KIES will do it all for you, then I am sorry to say but that won’t work with these firmwares. You have only one choice left: manually backup each and everything. You can use various apps for SMSs, Call Logs. You can transfer Images, video, audio, files, etc to some external card or to your PC.
- Root: To install Recovery, the device must be rooted compulsorily. One can check for this by using “Root Checker App” available at Google PLAY Store.
- This process is only for devices with model name: Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Avoid applying this update to network locked devices especially. Trying it on some other device may lead to damage to the system.
- Any harm to your device during the rooting process is very unlikely and is completely your responsibility. We are not to be blamed for any damage. So, follow the process if and only if you understand everything being asked to do. Ask all the queries you have, we are happy to help.
- While rooting, if your device sticks somewhere on Samsung logo or start screen, restart it and repeat the steps.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with TWRP Recovery:
- Get the package: You will first need the packages – “TWRP Recovery” as well as “Odin tool” in your phone. If you don’t have it, then download the same zip files. Now, open the Odin file in your PC and switch OFF the phone.
- Enter Download Mode: press and hold Volume Down + Power keys. Retry this if the device turns off in normal mode.
- Install Drivers: Connect your phone with your computer (via USB cable) and check whether ID: COM section in Odin has turned yellow. If yes, then all the drivers are installed in your PC.
- START: Select ‘PDA’ >> select ‘GT_I9070_GB_TWRP_KERNEL.tar.md5’ >> select “Start”. Applying this update may take about 3 or 4 minutes before the appearance of Home screen. The device reboots on its own taking 2-3 minutes more than usual. Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Confirm: To confirm that the process was completed successfully, enter Recovery mode in your device.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 with TWRP Recovery and now you can easily install any Custom ROM firmware.