- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
- Bombay High Court Goes Digital Using E-Court
- Android 4.4 KitKat Images Leaked – Android Police Says Not Real
- BBM for Android is now available, Download the APK file
- Nokia postponed the launch of its new smartphone Lumia 1520
- IFA 2013 Summary – Top 5 Gadgets
- Apple set to launch its new Smartphone – iPhone 5S
- Buy LG G2 From AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon From Sep 12th
Samsung Galaxy Note i717: AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update
A very new AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware version is released recently for Samsung Galaxy Note i717. This firmware is the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 version that makes this firmware very popular. This firmware isn’t an official release by Samsung Electronics. This firmware is developed by XDA recognized member DAGr8.
The firmware is highly featured and very impressive improvements have been made. Many desired features are added to this firmware. Some of its features are:
- FB sync has been removed
- CM9 T-mobile theme manager is added to this firmware
- AOKP wallpapers app and AOKP clock widgets present
- Notification counter is also added
- Nfc toggle added along with nfc polling settings
- Lockscreen weather
- All new Boot animation installed
- Hardware info option added in “About screen”
- More navigation bar widgets are added
- Boot sound can be played
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’ (Avoid using PC suite or KIES for the same as they do not go along with custom ROM Firmwares).
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “ROM Manager” app available at Google PLAY store. Once you root the phone, the warranty no longer stands valid. To restore the warranty, apply official firmware or unroot the device.
- USB debugging must be enabled. Go to ‘Settings’, there select the option ‘Applications’ and then choose ‘Development’ > enable ‘USB debugging’.
Steps to install AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 C ROM Firmware in Galaxy Note i717:
- To your PC download the files AOKP Firmware Package and Google apps. Transfer these files to your device using USB cable and disconnect after the copying is done.
- Switch Off the device so as to enter the recovery mode. For this Press and hold Volume Down button, centre key, and together press Power switch. if a warning appears, keep pressing Volume Down button till you enter Recovery Mode. In case the device still boots in normal mode, redo the above procedure.
- Now choose the options “Install zip from SDcard” and “Choose zip from SDcard” using Volume keys. The process continues for 6-8 minutes. After completion, select “go back” >> “Reboot System Now”. This reboots the device in ICS firmware.
By now you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Note i717 successfully with the latest DDLR6 ICS Android 4.1.1 firmware. If your device doesn’t turn on or is stuck at Samsung Logo, switch off or re-insert the battery and follow the steps from starting.