Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i is an android smartphone which officially come with Android v2.3 Gingerbread but as there are more recent android version available so we bring here tutorial to update the operating system of this smartphone. This tutorial will help you update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i with the Android v4.1.1 Jelly Bean operating system using Jellyblast 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware.
Features of Jellyblast 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware Update:
This firmware update will update the operating system from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean and there are lots of new features in Jelly Bean than Gingerbread. This update will add these features to your Galaxy Ace S5830i smartphone.
- Brand new user interface
- Updated GooglePlay and its apps
- High quality video player
- Improved battery life
- Updated camera features
- Updated typing interface
- Updated voice memo/dial
And lots of features which you will find when you gets mixed up with your device after this update.
You need to look at the certain requirements before going for this update.
- Enable the USB debugging mode, Settings > Applications > Development.
- Download the USB drivers of this device and install on your PC.
- Create a backup of your personal stuff (message, call log, files) using apps.
- Charge the battery of your device to more than half.
- Your device must be rooted.
- Jellyblast 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware Update
- Samsung USB Drivers
Steps to Insall Jellyblast 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware in Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i:
- Download the firmware update zip file on your PC from the link provided above.
- Connect your device to PC using USB and transfer the downloaded zip file in the SD card of device in the root folder.
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
- Now turn on your device by holding menu button then power button. This will make you enter into the recovery mode. If the device did not enter in the recovery mode by this method then you can try this using “ROM Manager” app which is available at GooglePlay store.
- Now select the zip file which you placed in the SD card using volume keys.
- After selecting the zip file, it will take around 4-5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the installation process is over, select “go back” and reboot your device. It will take more time than usual for the first time start.
Your Galaxy Ace S5830i android smartphone now has the Android Jelly Bean v4.1 operating system from the Jellyblast 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware Update.
Update: If the above version of JellyBlast doesn’t work for you and your device faces issues (some of them are mentioned in the comments below) then try the older version.
Download: JellyBlast ported for S5830i version 3
Issues: I noticed that some guys are facing issues with calls and IMEI. Please check the comments of “real african” and “keith” in the comment section for the solution.