- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i: Installing Retribution Custom ROM Firmware
A new version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 Android is released for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i. The version is named as Retribution Custom ROM Firmware. This firmware version is based on XXLA2 official version and improved as the number of bugs is reduced. This firmware is developed by XDA recognized developer Prawesome. The firmware comes featured with a lot of things but lacks Boot animation.
The features of this Retribution Custom ROM Firmware are:
- Included Flash Player
- Included Beats Audio mod
- Smooth Scroll Mod
- 30-Volume Step Mod
- Totally ad-free
- Libs and modules updated to enhance performance
- Build prop tweaks
- XXLA2 based
Note: Apply the process only to Galaxy ACE S5830i model. Do not apply this to S5830 model.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
(Avoid using PC suite and KIES for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “root checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
- USB debugging must be enabled. Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Development’ > enable ‘USB debugging’.
Steps to update Galaxy ACE S5830i with Retribution Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the package Retribution Custom ROM Firmware. Transfer the zip file to the phone’s internal memory via USB cable.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Menu key + Power key. (in case the device turns On in normal mode, redo the same.)
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SDCard’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 4-5 minutes the process will be completed. We end up at Recovery Mode and there we choose ‘Go back’ > ‘reboot system now’. This reboots the phone by taking a little extra time.
- [In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn’t turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.]
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i smart phone with Retribution ROM firmware.