- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i: Installing Retribution Custom ROM Firmware
A new version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 Android is released for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i. The version is named as Retribution Custom ROM Firmware. This firmware version is based on XXLA2 official version and improved as the number of bugs is reduced. This firmware is developed by XDA recognized developer Prawesome. The firmware comes featured with a lot of things but lacks Boot animation.
The features of this Retribution Custom ROM Firmware are:
- Included Flash Player
- Included Beats Audio mod
- Smooth Scroll Mod
- 30-Volume Step Mod
- Totally ad-free
- Libs and modules updated to enhance performance
- Build prop tweaks
- XXLA2 based
Note: Apply the process only to Galaxy ACE S5830i model. Do not apply this to S5830 model.
- The process of updating may wipe the memory and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
(Avoid using PC suite and KIES for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 40% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “root checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
- USB debugging must be enabled. Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Development’ > enable ‘USB debugging’.
Steps to update Galaxy ACE S5830i with Retribution Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the package Retribution Custom ROM Firmware. Transfer the zip file to the phone’s internal memory via USB cable.
- Disconnect and boot it in Recovery Mode. Press and hold Menu key + Power key. (in case the device turns On in normal mode, redo the same.)
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SDCard’ after which you select ‘Choose zip from SDCard’. Select the file you transferred.
- After 4-5 minutes the process will be completed. We end up at Recovery Mode and there we choose ‘Go back’ > ‘reboot system now’. This reboots the phone by taking a little extra time.
- [In case your phone gets engaged in boot loop or doesn’t turn ON, reinsert the battery or long press the Power key and repeat the process from the start.]
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i smart phone with Retribution ROM firmware.