Here we will tell you how you can root and install custom recovery image in your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500. The benefits of rooting your device are that your device is now able to install many apps and custom ROM firmware. Follow the steps in the same manner to get your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 rooted and then we will install custom recovery image in it.
Below are some prerequisites which you should perform to be safe in case of any error occur.
- Make a back up of all your important data in Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 so that in case you lose them, you can use the back up. You may use KIES PC Suite to create a data backup.
- The process will need 60% of the battery power so charge your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 before starting the process since charging in between the running prcess may make your handset inoperable.
- Make USB debugging enable in the Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 by following Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
- Disable the security checks and antivirus checks in both your computer and Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 so that no disturbance is created.
Steps to be followed to root and install custom recovery image in your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500
- Download these three files: Odin, Rooting Tar File and the Root Me Zip Package to your computer ***(updated download links: RootMe.zip / Root.tar)*** and then connect your computer with your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 and copy the downloaded files to your handset in the root directory.
- Now you can disconnect your phone.
- Now restart your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 in recovery mode by pressing Volume up Key + OK + Power button together. You must have to restart it in recovery mode for processing the update so try to make it in recovery mode till you don’t get succeed.
- Now after going to recovery mode, go to ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and then to ‘Choose zip from SD card’ and choose the copied downloaded files.
- As you will select it the process will start by its own and when it will end you will see the ‘Choose zip from SD card’ screen again then you have to tap ‘Go Back’ and then ‘Reboot System now’ and restart your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 in Download mode by pressing Volume Down key with Center and Power button.
- Once you have entered in Download mode then you may click to Volume Up key to make confirmation of download mode. Now connect your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500 with the computer with Odin already opened in it. You will see that ID: COM section turns yellow after it.
- Now go to ‘PDA’ and then to ‘Rooting Tar File’ and then to ‘Start’ in Odin so that it will start the process of installation.
- After the installation gets completed you will be on the home screen back and your update has been installed in your Samsung Galaxy ACE PLUS S7500.
So you have successfully installed the update and if you encounter any problem then you may inform us.
Yellow Triangle Problem
Edit: This part was added on March 3, 2012.
If you are getting yellow triangle problem then you should follow the procedure mentioned at xda-developers forum to remove the yellow triangle.