- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Samsung Galaxy Ace: Installing CM9 based ICS Nightly Firmware
CM9 ICS custom firmware, a firmware update of Samsung galaxy Ace S5830, was just developed by a group of people considering many owners of this device all over the world. This CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Ice Cream Sandwiched (ICS) firmware was build nightly means its developers has wrote its codes after their daytime job, a kind of part time work for them.
A genuine problem with this nightly build firm ware is this that proper records and codes of changed logs is not provided by the developers, but unlike is the case with this device.
Considering the changed logs details, the phone has now become more stable and updated with the additional features of support for themes, more custom icons available on screen and these settings are now updated without rebooting your phone.
Some basic guidelines to handle your Galaxy Ace are:
- To have continuous connection with your phone all over your journey, make sure that it is appreciably charged, at least 60%.
- Maintain a back up file of all your data as you need to restore them at bad times.
- For using custom ROMs on your firmware, you need to wipe all the memory places i.e. to clear main cache along with the Dalvik cache.
- For connecting your phone to the PC, enable your USB Debugging settings following these steps:
- Settings then Apps then Development and then to USB Debugging.
- If you don’t have certified ICS firmware, disable your apps and security suites since they will cause inconvenience later.
Steps to install CM9 based ICS Nightly firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace
For updating purpose too, there are some steps to look upon:
Step 1: Firstly, download the original, official CM9 ICS with the brand name Samsung Galaxy Ace nightly firmware S5830 in your system for better results.
Step 2: Now, copy the whole package into the core directory and not into sub-directories to have access during update process too.
Step 3: Now, to continue with the update process you have to put your device into recovery mode by pressing your menu and power buttons on simultaneously. And if you are already in that mode then install and choose zip from your sd card followed by browsing in the core directory.
Step 4: Now the automatic updation process starts and is completed with the recovery mode screen where you have to reboot your system by selecting “go back” option and “reboot now”.
This completes your updating process with the final step of rebooting. If there is some inconvenience like taking longer time than normal or refusal of your device to start, then do not worry but restart your phone. If still, there is some problem with the updating process, just process the tutorial steps again.