- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
- Upgrade to 64 GB Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and get $100 cashback
- OnePlus 2 – Price leaked, will be around $400
- Deal – Nexus 6 Sale on eBay for $440 (Free shipping, no sales tax)
- Virgin America announces Android powered in-built entertainment system
Root Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 Running With Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ZSCLL1
The Galaxy Tab 2 users who have recently updated their devices to the official update Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ZSCLL1 firmware can gain back the root access of their device. Those are not aware about rooting, well rooting unlocks your Android device so that you can enjoy a number of new features like installing custom ROMs as well as allowing you to mess around with your device’s performance. I will be describing some simple steps to root Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 Tab in this article.
Keep in mind the following points before rooting your device:
- Rooting your device will void warranty.
- A proper backup of the device data has to be made in the PC manually before rooting.
- Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled in your device.
- The Samsung USB drivers for your device should be installed in your PC.
- ODIN v3.07 should be installed in your PC.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 2 P5100:
- Download the above mentioned packages and extract them separately in different folders.
- Run ODIN v3.07 in your PC.
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 in download mode. To enter download mode, switch off your device. Now hold the volume down button and switch on simultaneously using the power button. [Guide]
- Once you have entered the download mode, connect the device to the PC using USB cable. A successful connection will be shown by ODIN as a “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the PDA box and input the CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.tar.md5 file.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Verify the above two steps. Click Start to begin the flashing process.
- After successful completion, a “PASS” message will appear onscreen and your device will reboot automatically.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
That’s all! You have successfully rooted Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 and now enjoy the new features of your device. You can also install different custom ROMs in your Tab as well. Comment below if you face any problems during the entire rooting process.