- Redmi 1S on Sale: Just 5999 INR, register ASAP!
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked, launching today
- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 Running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JKCMB1 Official Firmware
Hello people! Samsung released the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 and being an official firmware, the users lost root access to their devices. Here we are giving you a tutorial on how to root your Tab so that you can have fun with your tablet once again.
About Rooting procedure:
If you are new at this, rooting is a process of unlocking administrative rights of your device. After rooting your device, you will be able to tweak it as well as do a number of stuffs like installing custom ROMs and apps which require root access. Installing an official firmware takes away the root access from the users hence the device should be rooted again after installing the official firmware. Here, we will be using a tool called ODIN to flash the rooting package into your tablet and also install the ClockworkMod recovery tool which can be used to install various custom ROMs.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- This tutorial is applicable only for rooting the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 tablets. Please do not try it for any other device.
- Backup your data into the PC before proceeding further.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Charge your phone to the max before rooting.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC.
NOTE: Rooting your device will void its warranty. So proceed with the tutorial at your own risk.
Links to download:
- Root package
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 Running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JKCMB1 Official Firmware -
- Click on the above link and download the CF Root package for your tablet.
- Reboot your tablet into the download mode.
Switch off the tablet. Now hold the volume up and switch it on using the power button simultaneously. The download mode can be identified by the Android Construction logo.
- Once you enter the download mode, connect the tablet to the PC via USB cable and run ODIN.
- ODIN will detect the device and show a message “Added!!” The COM port serial number will be displayed as well.
- Now click on the PDA box and select the file named “CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip”.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset time options as well.
- Click Start to flash the root package into the tablet. When the process is completed, the device will automatically reboot.
DEVICE ROOTED SUCCESSFULLY!!
Now you have a rooted Galaxy Tab 2 running the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Have fun and let us know about your queries by commenting below.