- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 2 days ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 10 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 10 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 11 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 21 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 21 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 22 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 43 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 44 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 48 days ago
Root Galaxy S3 I9305 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware
In this article we will be learning how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 firmware. Whenever you update your rooted phone with an official firmware, you lose the root access to your phone. Rooting the phone unlocks a number of features of your phone along with the ability to install custom ROMs. Although, rooting will void warranty of your device so make sure you are rooting your phone at your own risk.
Points to keep a check before rooting:
- A backup of the data available in your phone should made in your PC.
- Make sure you have all the USB drivers for your phone installed in your PC.
- Rooting voids warranty of your device.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC. If not, download it from the link provided.
- Charge your phone properly before attempting to root.
Steps to Root and Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy S3 I9305 With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware:
- Download the above packages from the links but make sure you do not extract the firmware package.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Restart the phone in download mode. To enter download mode just hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button at the same time. You shall see the Android Construction Logo once you enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable in this mode.
- Now click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” file.
- Also click on the checkboxes of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Check once if all the above steps have been performed properly.
- Click the Start button to star the flashing process.
After the installation is complete, your Galaxy S3 I9305 will restart and you will have a rooted Galaxy S3 for use. So have fun and do try out the custom ROMs available for your phone. If you do have any problems while installing then comment below.