- Candy Crush Postpone its Windows Platform Development
- Android L Smartphones – Crest Of Safety Or Unnecessary Trouble?
- Address of paid app developers will be made public – Google
- Note 4 and Galaxy S5 to get Android L by the end of year
- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
Root Galaxy S3 I9305 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware
In this article we will be learning how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 firmware. Whenever you update your rooted phone with an official firmware, you lose the root access to your phone. Rooting the phone unlocks a number of features of your phone along with the ability to install custom ROMs. Although, rooting will void warranty of your device so make sure you are rooting your phone at your own risk.
Points to keep a check before rooting:
- A backup of the data available in your phone should made in your PC.
- Make sure you have all the USB drivers for your phone installed in your PC.
- Rooting voids warranty of your device.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC. If not, download it from the link provided.
- Charge your phone properly before attempting to root.
Steps to Root and Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy S3 I9305 With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware:
- Download the above packages from the links but make sure you do not extract the firmware package.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Restart the phone in download mode. To enter download mode just hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button at the same time. You shall see the Android Construction Logo once you enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable in this mode.
- Now click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” file.
- Also click on the checkboxes of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Check once if all the above steps have been performed properly.
- Click the Start button to star the flashing process.
After the installation is complete, your Galaxy S3 I9305 will restart and you will have a rooted Galaxy S3 for use. So have fun and do try out the custom ROMs available for your phone. If you do have any problems while installing then comment below.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013