- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Root Galaxy S3 I9305 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware
In this article we will be learning how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 firmware. Whenever you update your rooted phone with an official firmware, you lose the root access to your phone. Rooting the phone unlocks a number of features of your phone along with the ability to install custom ROMs. Although, rooting will void warranty of your device so make sure you are rooting your phone at your own risk.
Points to keep a check before rooting:
- A backup of the data available in your phone should made in your PC.
- Make sure you have all the USB drivers for your phone installed in your PC.
- Rooting voids warranty of your device.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC. If not, download it from the link provided.
- Charge your phone properly before attempting to root.
Steps to Root and Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy S3 I9305 With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware:
- Download the above packages from the links but make sure you do not extract the firmware package.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Restart the phone in download mode. To enter download mode just hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button at the same time. You shall see the Android Construction Logo once you enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable in this mode.
- Now click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” file.
- Also click on the checkboxes of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Check once if all the above steps have been performed properly.
- Click the Start button to star the flashing process.
After the installation is complete, your Galaxy S3 I9305 will restart and you will have a rooted Galaxy S3 for use. So have fun and do try out the custom ROMs available for your phone. If you do have any problems while installing then comment below.