- LG finally releases the Bootloader Unlocking tool
- Sony Xperia Z3+ – Price and Availability Details
- ZTE Nubia X8 Specs leaked – 4GB RAM and 5120mAh battery
- Play Store’s New Feature – App Invites Encourages Sharing
- HTC announces Android M updates for One M9 and M9+
- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
Root Galaxy S3 I9305 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware
In this article we will be learning how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 firmware. Whenever you update your rooted phone with an official firmware, you lose the root access to your phone. Rooting the phone unlocks a number of features of your phone along with the ability to install custom ROMs. Although, rooting will void warranty of your device so make sure you are rooting your phone at your own risk.
Points to keep a check before rooting:
- A backup of the data available in your phone should made in your PC.
- Make sure you have all the USB drivers for your phone installed in your PC.
- Rooting voids warranty of your device.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC. If not, download it from the link provided.
- Charge your phone properly before attempting to root.
Steps to Root and Install CWM Recovery in Galaxy S3 I9305 With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMA5 Firmware:
- Download the above packages from the links but make sure you do not extract the firmware package.
- Run ODIN in your PC.
- Restart the phone in download mode. To enter download mode just hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button at the same time. You shall see the Android Construction Logo once you enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable in this mode.
- Now click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” file.
- Also click on the checkboxes of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
- Check once if all the above steps have been performed properly.
- Click the Start button to star the flashing process.
After the installation is complete, your Galaxy S3 I9305 will restart and you will have a rooted Galaxy S3 for use. So have fun and do try out the custom ROMs available for your phone. If you do have any problems while installing then comment below.