- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
- Gionee Marathon M4 – Specs, Features and Price
- OnePlus 2 Invites – Physical Invitation Cards
- Moto G (2015) Designs Leaked
- OnePlus 2 – Fingerprint Sensor Feature Confirmed
- Sony E5663 Specs Leaked
- Moto G and Moto X – Android 5.1 Soak Tests Begin
- BBM Android Updated – Added Security Features and Material Design Changes
- Deal – Get Fire Phone at £99 in UK on Amazon
- Get New Android Wear Watch Faces From Play Store
Rooting Galaxy S3 I9300 Running on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMA2 Firmware
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean took the Android smartphones to an all new level. But by rooting your Galaxy S3 I9300 you can achieve more out of your phone. Rooting will unlock your phone and you will be able to tweak your phone in any way you wish to. Also you will gain the liberty to install different custom ROMs in your phone. But rooting also has its side effects: it will void warranty so root your device at your own risk. This article is all about rooting Galaxy S3 and installing ClockWorkMod recovery.
Pre-requisites to rooting the phone:
- This article is dedicated to rooting Galaxy S3 I9300. Please do not try it for any other device.
- Make sure you have made a backup of all the data in your device in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your phone.
- Rooting will void warranty.
- Your phone should have enough charge to undergo the entire rooting process.
Steps to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300 With Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMA2 Firmware:
- Download the CF Root package for your device from the above link provided.
- Run ODIN in your PC. If you do not have ODIN preinstalled then download it from the above link.
- Connect your phone to the PC in download mode via USB cable. To enter download mode, switch on your phone by holding the volume down button, the home button and the power button. You will see the Android construction logo when you enter the download mode.
- When the phone gets connected to the PC, ODIN will display the “Added!!” message. The COM port serial number will be displayed as well.
- Now insert the “CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar” file in the PDA box.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options. Also check the Repartition option.
- When this is done, click the Start button to start the flashing process.
- Your phone will reboot once the flashing is complete.
Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S3 I9300 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMA2 firmware. Install new custom ROMs and transform your phone into a mean machine. Comment below if you have any queries.