- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
- Eddy Tablet introduced by Metis Learning for kids in India
Root Galaxy S3 I747M on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean UMBLL1 Firmware
Samsung recently launched an update for the Galaxy S3 I747M handsets which is the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean UMBLL1 firmware. Being an official release, those who have rooted their phones lost the root and hence we will be guiding you with the steps to root your S3 back so as to enjoy all the privileges. Those who are unaware about the term rooting, well think it as a way of unlocking your phone so that you can control it in any way you wish. Tweaking the performance, boosting the battery, installing custom ROMs etc. are only some of the advantages of having a rooted phone. So let’s start with the tutorial.
Before rooting please check the following points:
- Root your phone at your own risk. This will void warranty of your device.
- Make sure you have a full backup of the data in your phone. [Help]
- Enable USB debugging in your phone. [Help]
- The Samsung USB drivers for your phone should be installed properly in your PC. [Link Here]
- ODIN v3.07 should be installed in your PC.
Steps to Root Galaxy S3 I747M on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean UMBLL1 Firmware:
- Before rooting make sure you have updated your phone to the latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean UMBLL1 firmware. If not please follow the link to install the update in your phone.
- Once updated, download the above packages and extract them in your PC.
- Run ODIN v3.07 in your PC.
- Now switch off your phone and hold the volume down and home button and switch it on again using the power button. You will enter the download mode. Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable in this mode.
- Once the phone gets successfully connected ODIN will show a “Added!” message confirming the connection.
- Now add the CF-Auto-Root-d2can-d2vl-sghi747m.tar.md5 from the downloaded package in the PDA box.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes.
- Click Start to start the flashing process. When it completes the phone will restart automatically and a “PASS” message will be shown in ODIN.
You have successfully rooted your Galaxy S3 I747M and once the device reboots you can have fun with it. Try out some cool custom ROMs for your phone. If you face any problems during installation comment below and we will try to solve your queries.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013