- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 6 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 7 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 7 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 17 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 18 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 18 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 39 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 41 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 44 days ago
- Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in IndiaPosted 50 days ago
Root Galaxy Premier I9260 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 Firmware
This article is dedicated specifically for the Galaxy Premier I9260 users who have updated their phones to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 official firmware and lost root of their phones or wish to root them. Rooting will unlock your phone allowing you to maximize the phone’s performance. Also you will be able to install different custom made ROMs. So if you wish to root your phone then follow our guide below as we will be describing some simple steps to root your Galaxy Premier.
Points to keep in mind before rooting:
- Rooting will void warranty of your device so proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have made a full system backup of your phone in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC.
- The Samsung USB drivers for your phone should be pre-installed in your PC.
Steps to Root Galaxy Premier I9260 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 Firmware -
- Download the CF Auto root package from the above link for your Galaxy Premier.
- Run ODIN v3.07 in your PC. If you do not have ODIN, then download it from the link provided.
- Reboot your phone into download mode. To enter download mode, hold the volume down and home buttons and switch on the phone using the power button simultaneously. Once you enter the download mode you will see the Android Construction Logo.
- Now connect the phone in this mode to the PC using USB cable. When the connection is stabilised, ODIN will show a message “Added!!” as a confirmation.
- Click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.tar.md5” package that you downloaded.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in ODIN.
- Click Start to initialise the flashing process.
- When the package is successfully installed, your phone will reboot automatically.
You’re done! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy Premier I9260 and now you have the full ownership of your phone. Tweak it, install custom ROMs and do more with your Android smartphone. Comment below if you bump into any problems during the installation.