- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Root Galaxy Premier I9260 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 Firmware
This article is dedicated specifically for the Galaxy Premier I9260 users who have updated their phones to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 official firmware and lost root of their phones or wish to root them. Rooting will unlock your phone allowing you to maximize the phone’s performance. Also you will be able to install different custom made ROMs. So if you wish to root your phone then follow our guide below as we will be describing some simple steps to root your Galaxy Premier.
Points to keep in mind before rooting:
- Rooting will void warranty of your device so proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have made a full system backup of your phone in your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC.
- The Samsung USB drivers for your phone should be pre-installed in your PC.
Steps to Root Galaxy Premier I9260 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ZTAMA1 Firmware –
- Download the CF Auto root package from the above link for your Galaxy Premier.
- Run ODIN v3.07 in your PC. If you do not have ODIN, then download it from the link provided.
- Reboot your phone into download mode. To enter download mode, hold the volume down and home buttons and switch on the phone using the power button simultaneously. Once you enter the download mode you will see the Android Construction Logo.
- Now connect the phone in this mode to the PC using USB cable. When the connection is stabilised, ODIN will show a message “Added!!” as a confirmation.
- Click on the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-superior-superiorxx-gti9260.tar.md5” package that you downloaded.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in ODIN.
- Click Start to initialise the flashing process.
- When the package is successfully installed, your phone will reboot automatically.
You’re done! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy Premier I9260 and now you have the full ownership of your phone. Tweak it, install custom ROMs and do more with your Android smartphone. Comment below if you bump into any problems during the installation.