- HTC One E8 is available online now, get it at 34,990 INR
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Shortly To Enter Indian Market
- Xiaomi Turning A Strong Competitor To Apple With Mi Pad
- Motorola to release Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto G, E and X
- Samsung & Apple likely to go head to head with their new launch
- Google Glass banned in UK cinemas due to piracy
- HTC Butterfly 2 : Rumored Specs and Features
- HTC Volantis – The Next Nexus Tablet (Rumor)
- Dropcam sold to Google and Nest
- Qualcomm plans on supporting dual camera with Snapdragon 805
Root Galaxy Note N7000 Running With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UBLSF Firmware
Hey there!! If you have recently updated your Galaxy Note N7000 to the new official update Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UBLSF firmware and wish to root it then just follow the article below.
About the firmware:
Samsung launched the Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy Note N7000 and many users lost root access of their devices after updating with it. If you are a newbie in this field and wondering what is rooting, well let me tell you, rooting is a simple method of gaining administrative rights of your phone. Rooting will give you the power to install custom made ROMs as well as various other applications which will allow you to tweak your phone in a number of ways.
Method of rooting : We will be using ODIN to flash the root kernel into your phone and install the ClockworkMod recovery mode.
Do’s and don’ts -
- Backup the important data from your phone into your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Phone should be fully charged before installing.
- ODIN should be installed in the PC.
- The Samsung USB drivers should be installed properly in the PC.
NOTE: Rooting voids warranty of your device and you will no longer be able to use Samsung Kies to update your phone. Root your device at your own risk.
Links to download -
- Kernel package
Steps to Root Galaxy Note N7000 Running With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UBLSF Firmware -
- Download all the files provided above into your PC and extract them separately.
- Run ODIN v1.85 in your PC.
- Reboot the phone into download mode.
HowTo: Switch off your phone. Now hold the volume down and home button and switch on using the power button at the same time. The phone will restart into download mode and the Android construction logo will appear.
- Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable and wait for ODIN to detect it. Once the device gets successfully connected, ODIN will show the “Added!!” message and the COM port number will be visible.
- Click on the PDA box and insert the file named “PhilZ-cwm6-UBLSF-UBB-4.87.6.tar.md5”.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset time options.
- Click Start button to start the flashing process. The phone will reboot after the flashing is complete.
Device flashed successfully!!
Now your Galaxy Note N7000 is rooted and ClockworkMod recovery has been installed as well. You will be able to install custom ROMs as well as various other apps that require root access. Have fun messing around with your phone. If you have any queries related to the flashing process then please do comment below.