- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 LTE SHV-E250K on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
The Galaxy Note 2 LTE SHV-E250K recently received the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official updates from Samsung. The handsets which were rooted obviously lost root access once the official update has been installed. The users who updated their devices to the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware also faced similar problems. In this article we will be guiding you to get back the root access to your devices by a very simple technique using ODIN. But do keep in mind that rooting will void warranty.
Keep a check on the points mentioned below:
- A backup of the device data has to be made before rooting.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Rooting voids warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before proceeding.
- This tutorial is only applicable to Galaxy Note 2 LTE SHV-E250K series of handsets. Do not try it for any other device.
- ODIN should be installed in your PC.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 2 LTE SHV-E250K on Android 4.1
- Download the root package for your respective device but do not extract it after downloading.
- Run ODIN in your PC. If ODIN is not available, you can download it from the link provided.
- Now enter the download mode of your phone. To do so, power off your phone. Hold the volume down and home buttons while switching on using the power button. You will enter the download mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC while in the download mode using USB cable. When ODIN recognizes the device, the ID:COM port will display the COM port number.
- Now click the PDA box and insert the “CF-Auto-Root-t0ltektt-t0ltektt-shve250k.zip” file.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in ODIN.
- Click Start to start the rooting process.
When your device is flashed successfully, it will reboot automatically and your Galaxy Note 2 will be rooted. You will have the rights to tweak your phone and install different custom ROMs in it. Comment below if you face any sort of problems during the flashing process.