- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Reasons why you should not buy Samsung Galaxy S4 and stick to Galaxy S3
After months of waiting, Samsung unleashed its latest creation in the market, the Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4 is one of a kind, being the first phone to have an octa-core processor. The phone has a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Galaxy S3. It features a 5-inch Super AMOLED screen and is the first full HD 1080p phone developed by Samsung. It has a 1.9GHz processor and various new changes in the hardware like the camera and the UI has been made.
But, this article is not regarding the positive points about the Galaxy S4, rather I will be a bit on the negative side of it so you can make a better option before actually purchasing the phone. So let us check out some of the features which do not make the S4 “worth the purchase”.
- Similar design
Holding the Galaxy S4 feels similar to the S3 since both have the similar design. Although the S4 is larger in size and light in weight in comparison to the S3, but you will hardly feel any difference. It has the same plastic design with rounded curve edges. Also, people will hardly recognize the S4 in the first look. The differences can only be felt upon use.
- The S4 software expected in S3
Samsung made some changes in the previous S3 software along with the hardware to make the S4. Although, you cannot expect to have the hardware changes in the S3, the software changes will be available in the new updates for the Galaxy S3. If we review the updates released by Samsung, we can see that the multi-window feature released in the Note 2 is now available in every Samsung phone with the Android Jelly Bean update. So the changes in the S4 can be expected to come in S3 as well in the future. The Galaxy S4 features new apps like the S Health, S Translator and Group Play. These apps are already available in the Google Play store with kindof different names like the free runtastic app (for the S Health) and Google Translator (for the S Translator). So these apps are not much of any improvement.
- Are you actually getting the fastest processor?
Well this question will actually probe you to review the Galaxy S4 specs again. Well it is true, Samsung has launched two versions of the Galaxy S4. There is the US version offering 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor and the other is the 1.6 GHz octa core Exynos processor, which is the international version of the Galaxy S4. The International version does not offer much when it comes to the processing speed as compared to the Galaxy S3 which has a 1.5GHz quadcore CPU.
- The screen is not bright enough
The Galaxy S4 has a Super AMOLED screen 1080p but when it comes to measuring the brightness of the screen, it fails. The S3 screen measured a 213 lux (lux is a measuring unit for brightness) and its successor, the Galaxy S4 measured 258lux which seems to be an improvement. But the shocking part is, it is below the average brightness offered by other phones like the HTC One having a 463 lux and the iPhone registering 525lux.
Verdict: The Galaxy S4 will dominate the 2013 mobile market in the same way all other Samsung mobiles have done so fat but if you wish to buy a good phone, then you might give in a thought before actually spending such a large amount on the S4. Afterall, the phone should be worth it!