Super hero Salman Khan is famous worldwide. With the same name, we have a new firmware in market. In Samsung Galaxy S2, the custom ROM firmware that ties all the goodies of Samsung Galaxy S3, is named as “SALMAN” Rom. ICS 4.0.3 firmware is the basis for this new firmware.“Salman ROM” has a big list of features.
For applying Salman ROM, it is a must that the device is rooted. It does not depend upon the version of rooted firmware. All that matters is that it must be a rooted firmware. “Root Checker” application available at Google PLAY store can be used to check it as a rooted firmware or unrooted one.
Features of firmware Salman ROM:
- Android 4.0.3
- Build XWLPG
- bloarware removed
- CF-ROOT KERNEL
- fully rooted
- included Jkay framwork (app not)
- sgs3 wallpapers, icons, sounds and widgets
- Full RTL support ( supports ARABIC language)
- Stock Sgs3 shutdown animation (.qmg)
- Non stock Sgs3 boot animation
- browser themed (toolbar like SGS3)
- Myfiles themed (blue)
- Added SGS3 battery percentage
- No More FC
- themed mms.apk
- More stable
- Better battery life
- Fast GPRS/Gps/Wifi
Remember: Firstly, this update can be used by 19100 users but not for 19100G.
Secondly, in case data is lost during the process, back up must be taken manually. Avoid using KIES.
Thirdly, to send the device in debugging mode follow : “settings” menu, then “applications”, then “development” and lastly “USB debugging”
Fourth, keep the charge of the device up to 40% minimum.
Procedure to Update SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with SALMAN Custom ROM ICS 4.0.3:
- Salman custom ROM firmware Package must be downloaded in the computer. Copy the zip file in the phone using USB wire.
- Turn off the device to go to recovery mode.
- Press Volume up + Home key. Holding these two keys, turn it on.
- Select the “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” in the recovery mode.
- Next go to “install zip through SD card” after which select “choose zip from sd card”. And then choose “Salman Custom ROM Firmware Package” that you downloaded in the first step.
- After up gradation, select “go back” and try to reboot the system by choosing “reboot the system”.
- The process is of a duration of 7-10 minutes.if it takes more time, turn off and boot it normally.
- One can always check whether the process was successful. Go to “settings” menu and select “About phone”. It must display that is has been updated via Salman ROM Firmware.
So now, you have successfully updated SGS2 with Salmana Custom ICS 4.0.3 ROM.