- White Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 operating system is coming in JunePosted 1 day ago
- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 9 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 10 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 10 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 20 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 21 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 21 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 42 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 44 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 47 days ago
Procedure to update Motorola Droid X2 with ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware
The new Motorola Smartphone Droid X2 can now be updated with the ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 which is an ICS alpha based version. Although the release is alpha based still there are some features that doesn’t work with this update but we hope that the later releases will cover the shortcomings and provide more satisfying results. There will be no official release of ICS firmware update for the device but there will be many unofficial releases in the form of custom ROM Firmware that will shortly come up.
Features with ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware: -
- Data usage will be optional
- All the big apps will automatically store in the SD card by Google PLAY store
- Supporting 3G connection
- Better memory management
- HQ and LQ You tube
- Maybe tethering
- Force closer but not in dialer and message related apps
- Memory uses will not choke your device
- During updating your device you should always make a back up of all the things stored in the device whether it is SMS, contacts, pictures etc. as the data loss may happen or data may get corrupted during the process. But be careful don’t use PC suite for backing up the data as it will not be supported by custom ROM firmware.
- Secondly you should make sure that battery level of the device should be at least 60%.
- The updating of ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware is only applied to the Motorola Droid X2 devices only, it should not at all applied to the NETWORK LOCKED version of the Motorola.
- The Motorola Droid X2 should be rooted before starting with the process and also install the Clock Mod Recovery.
Procedure to update Motorola Droid X2 with ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware:
- For starting the updating process on your Droid X2, download ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 which is an alpha based ICS firmware in your PC and then connect your Motorola Droid with the PC and copy that downloaded file in the phone. While copying the file in the phone you need to be assure that the place where you have store the downloaded file is not very deep as it may create problem in the later steps.
- Now you need to make the device enter in to the boot loader mode for that press the Volume down button simultaneously with the camera and power button. If the device goes in normal mode try again to make it enter to the boot loader mode.
- Now in the boot loader mode follow “Recovery ->Wipe data or Factory reset -> Wipe Cache Partition” to wipe out all the cache files present in the device.
- Next to install the update in your phone pick the option of “Install Zip from SD CARD” and then go for “zip from SD card” and select the ICS Cyanogen MOD 9 firmware which you have already copied in your device.
- After you have install the file successfully in your phone, you need to start the phone in the normal mode for that choose “++++Go Back++++” and the “Reboot System Now” option.
By now, you have successfully update the ICS alpha based Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware in you Motorola Droid X2. If you face any problem while following the above mentioned process please do let us know in the comment section we will surely try to solve them and provide satisfying solution. Remember if your gets stuck in the boot loop mode then you have to start the process again from the starting.