- Note 4 and Galaxy S5 to get Android L by the end of year
- Facebook is about to launch a new app – Moments
- Google made the kernel source code of Android One public
- LG is launching its first clamshell smartphone – LG Wine Smart
- Club Samsung 2.0 announced, will be available from 30 Sept
- LG G3 Beat launched today, includes G3 features – Price 25K
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 – Drops from 11,990 to 7,990 INR
- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
Procedure to install Jellybean 4.1 Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000
Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 can now be updated with Jellybean 4.1 alpha version; it is an unofficial update, but here let me increase your knowledge that Samsung will not announce any type of such update in the near future for the device so this unofficial update is the only source. There are some areas which work with this update and some will not. Along with the guidelines to update the device with the Jellybean firmware we are also providing you the list of features which will work with it and which will not.
The features supported by Galaxy GT i9000 with the firmware are: –
- Internal SD card
- HD video
- Soft and Hard keys
The features that will not be supported by Galaxy GT i9000 with this firmware are: –
- Call or SMS or Data
- Google Now
- External SD card
Now before you start the updating process on Galaxy GT i9000 we will recommend you some instructions that should always be taken care of:
- During updating the device you should always make up a back up for all the things stored in the device whether it is SMS, contacts, pictures, etc. as the data loss may happen or data may get corrupted during the process.
- Secondly you should make sure that battery level of the device should be minimum 50-60%.
- Enable Samsung KIES from ‘Settings’ option and USB Debugging Mode by following the path given; open the ‘Settings’ option then go to ‘Applications’ then to ‘Development’ and select the ‘USB debugging’ option.
- Before starting the process, check out whether your device is rooted or not by using ‘Root Checker app’ which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. Your device must be rooted to update it with this JellyBean 4.1 firmware.
Hope you followed all the above mentioned guide lines before starting the process to update the Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 with Jellybean 4.1 alpha version firmware.
To update Samsung Galaxy S GT with Jellybean 4.1 firmware follow the given steps:-
- To start updating Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000, first you have to download the Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your PC. After downloading the Jellybean 4.1, attach Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to the computer using USB cable and then put that downloaded file in the device’s SD card.
- Now disconnect the device from PC and switch it off and make it to enter into the recovery mode.
- To enter into the recovery mode, you have to press the Volume UP button together with the Center and power buttons. Repeat the instructions till the device boots in recovery mode.
- Now choose Wipe data or factory reset and also Wipe Cache partition to clear cache and then press the volume rocker keys to select the ‘reboot system now’ to reboot the device.
- Now choose ‘Install zip from SD card’ and then go to ‘Choose zip from SD card’, now select the file that we have copied in your device from your PC in the above step, then click “Yes” which will start the updating process.
- Now go to home screen of recovery mode select ”++++ Go Back++++” with the Volume rocker keys and select the option of ‘reboot system now’ to start the device in normal mode.
By now you have successfully updated the Jellybean 4.1 firmware in your Galaxy S GT i9000. If any problem is teasing you, then you can take our help. Also remember if you get stuck in the boot loop mode then you have to start the process of updating the phone again from starting.
Latest posts by Geeta Lalwani (see all)
- Nikon Coolpix S800C Camera Review: Specs, Features and Price - August 23, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250: MIUI Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware Update - August 22, 2012
- Tutorial to upload videos to YouTube from Android Smartphone - August 21, 2012