- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
- Gionee Marathon M4 – Specs, Features and Price
Nexus 7 – XenonHD JOP40G Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM update
XenonHD is one of the best custom ROM for Android users with lots of tweaks and features. This ROM is now updated with latest Jelly Bean 4.2.1 firmware and you can download it for your Android device. In this post we are going to show how you can install XenonHD JOP40G 4.2.1 Jelly bean custom ROM on your Nexus 7. We have also mentioned some of the cool features of this custom ROM below. Make sure you read all the pre-requisites before proceeding further to update your Nexus 7.
XenonHD JOP40G 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM features – This custom ROM is having cool features like screenshot options and additional tiles in the quick Setting area. Soft keys are now having Moto Style tweaking. Performance and battery life is also increased with this custom ROM. There are lots of new options in this ROM with new wallpapers and all. So you must try it out if you have already rooted your Nexus 7.
Pre-Requisites for the update – These are some important things that you should check before proceeding further.
- Data – You should make a back up of all the important photos/contacts or messages on your device before updating it.
- Battery – There should be atleast 80% charging power in your Asus Nexus 7.
- USB Drivers – Proper USB drivers for Nexus 7 should be installed on your computer.
- Root and Recovery – Your tablet should be rooted to install the update and there should be ClockWorkMode Recovery installed on your device.
- Precaution – It is only for Asus Nexus 7, don’t try on any other device, proceed further on your own risk.
Download Links –
- XenonHD JOP40G Custom ROM file
- Google Apps File
Steps to install XenonHD JOP40G Jelly Bean custom ROM on Nexus 7
- First of all you will need to download the XenonHD JOP40G custom ROM and Google Apps file on your computer to use for update from the given download links above.
- Now use the USB cable for Nexus 7 to connect it to your computer and select USB Memory option.
- Now look for SD card root folder on your device and copy / paste both of the files mentioned above and turn of your device.
- Now you will need to go into the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding both volume keys and the power button.
- Now from the options on the screen select bootloader and then go to Recovery.
- You will need to choose Wipe Data in ClockWorkMode recovery. Then go to Flash Zip file from the SD card.
- Now to scroll up and down use Volume keys and select XenonHD custom ROM zip file and select it. On the next screen confirm its installation and do the same process for Google Apps file too.
- When the installation is completed navigate to +++++Go Back and reboot your Nexus 7 by using option Reboot System Now.
- Your tablet will take around 5-6 minutes to start for the first time with the latest ROM.
Congrats! Now you have the latest XenonHD 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Nexus 7. You can go to Settings and then About Phone to check the version of ROM to verify it. You will find the latest additional features of the ROM on the home screen with latest tweaks. If you are having problem updating your device then go to the comment box and give us a detailed description.