Nexus 7 users can now upgrade to Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM Nougat Custom Firmware. This ROM offers great stability and will provide you with the latest OS in place. Talking about the features, we have listed down a few to intrigue your tech senses:
- It has the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- The Web view version has been updated to 5.2
- The gradle plugin version has been updated to 2.2
- SEPolicy feature is now equipped with additional permissions for cppreopts and otapreopts
We are here to help you install this custom ROM onto your Nexus device in no time. So let’s get started!
Before we move ahead with the installation process of the Android 7.1.1 CarbonROM Nougat Custom Firmware, there are few essentials pointers which needs to be taken care off to swim you through the installation process without any hassles or data loss:
- Make sure to back up your complete device data as this upgradation process will wipe out the complete data on your device
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device from Settings > Developer Options.
- You will be required to connect your device with PC. Kindly ensure to install the USB drivers on the PC or else your device will not be recognised by the PC
- Ensure to charge your device with sufficient battery, almost more the 90% to avoid any interruption in the custom ROM upgrade process
Once you have ensured the above mentioned pointers, let’s proceed with the new ROM upgrade on your Asus Nexus 7 device.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 7
Step 1: Download CarbonROM Android 7.1.1 ROM on your PC
Step 2: With the help of Nexus 7 USB cable, connect your device to PC
Step 3: Download the Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file to your device memory card
Step 4: Switch OFF your device and disconnect from the PC
Step 5: Now switch ON your device while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button. You will now enter into the Bootloader Mode
Step 6: Select the option – Bootloader form the menu and then move onto Recovery
Step 7: You will now enter the ClockworkMod Recovery
Step 8: Now swipe the option – “Swipe to Confirm Flash”. Select the option – “wipe data/factory reset” to wipe complete data form the device. Make use of the power button to select everything in the Recovery mode
Step 9: Now click on – “wipe cache partition” to empty the cache
Step 10: Enter into “CWM recovery” section, go to “Advanced” and then “wipe dalvik cache”. This will wipe of the dalvik cache which is highly recommended as this will avoid any boot loops
Step 11: Now move to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from SD card”
Step 12: Now you need to select “choose zip from SD card” and with the help of Volume keys, select Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file which was copied onto the device memory card and select the same using the power button. You need to now confirm the installation in the next screen and the installation will start now
You need to repeat the above steps for Google Apps zip file as well which is stored in your device memory card.
Step 13: Once the installation finishes, go to “++Go Back++” option and reboot the device by selecting the option – “reboot system now” form the recovery menu
Your Nexus 7 device will boot now and will take 5-6 minutes to boot for the first time and will reflect the new ROM. So be patient!
You are done! Your Nexus 7 is now installed with Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM
Hope this article is useful. We would love to hear from you on your experience with the new custom ROM on Nexus 7 device.