- Google IO 2013 – Summary of Android stuffPosted 7 days ago
- Karbonn S2 Titanium out and available for pre-order at ₹10,790Posted 8 days ago
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S4 mini and Galaxy S4 ActivePosted 8 days ago
- Google Play Store 4.0.27 is out with a new layoutPosted 18 days ago
- Micromax launched first 3D phone Canvas A115 for 9999 INRPosted 19 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 landing in market globally from May 2013Posted 20 days ago
- Evernote new version 5.0 is availablePosted 40 days ago
- T-Mobile has started taking Pre-orders for iPhone 5Posted 42 days ago
- Google added “Spell Check” feature in ChromePosted 45 days ago
- Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update in IndiaPosted 51 days ago
Nexus 4 – EvoXBionic JOP40G Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM update
For the users of Nexus 4 latest EvoXBionic 4.2.1 Jelly bean firmware is available to update. EvoXBionic JOP40G is the latest custom ROM with Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 firmware. This custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10.1 sources and it is having Bionic patches at the moment. There are not lots of features in this ROM at the moment but there will be new tweaks and features in future. If you want to update your Nexus 4 with EvoXBionic firmware for Jelly bean then follow this simple tutorial.
EvoXBionic JOP40G 4.2.1 Custom ROM info – This custom ROM is built using resources of CyanogenMOD 10.1 and it is having normal features at the moment. After installing this update on your Nexus 4 you might find some bugs. These bugs will be fixed in the later in the future.
Pre-Requisites for the update – To update your Nexus 4 with EvoXBionic 4.2.1 firmware, you will need to remember a few points we mentioned below.
- First of all you should backup all the important Data like photos and contacts of your device.
- When you are flashing a new ROM on your device you should always charge your device atleast 80%.
- If you don’t have Nexus 4 USB drivers installed on your computer then install them first to connect your device to the computer.
- You will need a rooted Nexus 4 device with ClockWorkMod recovery pre-installed.
- EvoXBionic JOP40G 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM is only for Nexus 4, so don’t try to use it on other phones. Proceed on your own risk using the tutorial.
Download Links –
Steps to install 4.2.1 Jelly Bean EvoXBionic Custom ROM on Nexus 4
Follow these simple steps given below to install this custom ROM on your device.
- 1. Download the given EvoXBionic JOP40G 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM file on your computer. Google for Google Apps file for Jelly Bean and download it.
- 2. Select USB Debugging Mode from settings and connect your Nexus 4 to your computer using the official USB cable.
- 3. Select USB Memory option after connecting it to the computer and put both of the downloaded file from step 1 in SD Card Root folder and turn off your Nexus 4.
- 4. After putting files in the SD card and turning off your device you will need to step into Bootloader mode. To go into this mode on Nexus 4 press and hold keys of volume and power button.
- 5. There will be a navigation screen on your device after you go into the bootloader mode. Select bootloader and then go to Recovery and Wipe Data.
- 6. Use volume keys to navigate around the screen and go to Flash ZIP from SD card and choose it.
- 7. Now in the SD card folder select EvoXBionic 4.2.1 JOP40G ROM file and proceed to install it. Repeat step 6 & 7 to select Google Apps file too and install it.
- 8. When the installation will be completed choose Reboot System Now option and start your device.
If you will follow all the steps mentioned above in correct order; you will find the latest EvoXBionic ROM on your Nexus 4. You can go to Settings & About Phone to check the version of Android. If EvoXBionic is there then you have the latest ROM on your device. If you have any problem installing EvoXBionic Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Nexus 4, then drop us a comment.