- Offline YouTube – Another gift for Indians from Google after Android One
- Google Play Services 6.1 update improves Drive, Fit & Analytics
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – The Selfie Smartphone Will Be Launched Soon
- Eddy Tablet introduced by Metis Learning for kids in India
- Panasonic introduces DMC-CM1, 20MP Camera with Leica lens
- ZTE Announced 5.7 Inches ZMAX via T-Mobiles
- Sony launched Xperia E3 & E3 Dual with 4G network in India
- Oppo N3 with rotatable camera will be launched on 29 October
- Micromax Canvas A1 based on Android One – Specs and Features
- Spice UNO Mi 498 based on Android one – Specs and Features
Motorola RAZR I XT890: Root and Install Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware
The XDA guys have recently released the official Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.0.4 for Motorola RAZR I XT890. The people using Linux and Mac OS systems need not worry because we have provided the firmware links to windows as well as both Linux and Mac OS so that you can update your device with ease. This update has a lot of bugs and fixes over the previous releases. We will be guiding you with the steps to get this update in your devices in few simple steps.
Before installing the update keep in mind:
- This is an official release so this will remove the root from the devices. Also flashing the devices with this update will void warranty.
- A backup of the device data should be made and if the device is rooted previously then a backup of the ROM installed should be made as well
- USB debugging should be enabled. (To enable USB debugging, go to “Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging”).
- This rooting method will be done using the One-click root tool so precautions should be taken
- Download firmware for windows
- Download firmware for Linux
- Download firmware for Mac
Steps to install Android 4.0.4 ICS in Motorola RAZR I XT890
- Download and extract the files on your OS
- Connect the device to the PC through the USB cable with USB Debugging enabled
- Find the file “Root.bat” in the list of extracted files and double-click to open it. A command prompt will open. Follow the instructions displayed onscreen
- After the process is completed, the device will restart 1-2 times to complete the installation
This will root your Motorola RAZR I XT890 to the latest ICS ROM Android 4.0.4. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013