- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 goes official, comes in Android and Windows 10 variants
- Motorola Moto X Force launching soon in India, says the company
- Android Marshmallow update coming soon to Android Wear smartwatches
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock goes on sale in the US for $79
- Meitu V4 is the world’s first smartphone to boast a 21MP selfie camera
- China’s UMi introduces the Rome with a 5.5-inch display, octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM, priced around Rs 5,900
- HTC introduces the One M9s with a metal unibody design and Helio X10 SoC, priced around Rs 26,000
- Micromax Canvas Xtreme 4G launched with a 5-inch HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, priced at Rs 6,599
- Moto X Play to be announced in India on September
- ASUS Mumbai Zen Festival – Launches New Zenfone Models
Motorola RAZR I XT890: Root and Install Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware
The XDA guys have recently released the official Ice cream Sandwich Android 4.0.4 for Motorola RAZR I XT890. The people using Linux and Mac OS systems need not worry because we have provided the firmware links to windows as well as both Linux and Mac OS so that you can update your device with ease. This update has a lot of bugs and fixes over the previous releases. We will be guiding you with the steps to get this update in your devices in few simple steps.
Before installing the update keep in mind:
- This is an official release so this will remove the root from the devices. Also flashing the devices with this update will void warranty.
- A backup of the device data should be made and if the device is rooted previously then a backup of the ROM installed should be made as well
- USB debugging should be enabled. (To enable USB debugging, go to “Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging”).
- This rooting method will be done using the One-click root tool so precautions should be taken
- Download firmware for windows
- Download firmware for Linux
- Download firmware for Mac
Steps to install Android 4.0.4 ICS in Motorola RAZR I XT890
- Download and extract the files on your OS
- Connect the device to the PC through the USB cable with USB Debugging enabled
- Find the file “Root.bat” in the list of extracted files and double-click to open it. A command prompt will open. Follow the instructions displayed onscreen
- After the process is completed, the device will restart 1-2 times to complete the installation
This will root your Motorola RAZR I XT890 to the latest ICS ROM Android 4.0.4. Enjoy!