- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
- OnePlus Two – Possible Specifications
- Google Play New Feature – Pre-register for apps
- Snapchat: Sharing Tool Added to Discover
LG Optimus GT 540: Installing Jellybean 4.1 CyanogenMod 10 Firmware
Now the most recent version of Jelly bean 4.1 firmware can be installed in the very popular smartphone by LG – LG Optimus GT 540. The credit goes to CyanogenMod team. This is an unofficial firmware and LG Electronics have nothing to do with this release.
There are things that may not work with this firmware version. Here is the listing for those that work and those that don’t.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth, Wi-fi, GPS
- Keyboard, Mic, audio (not completely), lights
- SD card (not completely)
- GSM, USM (not completely)
- Accelerometer and HW acceleration
- Time zones
- Haptic feedback
- Locked SIM cards faces issues
- Headphones and camera
- The process of updating may wipe the memory of LG Optimus GT 540 and thus you must back up all the stuff present on your phone. One can take the backup of data individually for each type. For SMSs, “SMS Backup and Restore application” ; for Contacts, synchronize with Gmail app ; for Call Logs, use “Call Log & Restore” ; Images, Songs, Videos, Files can be copied to external/internal SD Card ; for APN & MMS Settings, go to ‘applications’, select ‘settings’, then choose ‘Wireless & network’, in which select ‘Mobile networks’, and finally ‘access point names’.
(Avoid using PC suite for the same as they do not go along with ROM firmwares).
- Minimum 50% of the battery charge is required in your device to stand the complete process.
- Disable all the anti-virus programs installed in the device.
- The phone must be rooted. Check that by “root checker” app available at Google PLAY store.
- USB debugging must be enabled. Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Development’ > enable ‘USB debugging’.
Steps to update LG Optimus One GT 540 with Jellybean 4.1 CM10 Firmware
- To your PC, download the package – ‘Jeally Bean 4.1 CyanogenMod 10 Firmware’. Transfer these zip files to the phone’s internal memory via USB wire.
- Switch off the device after disconnecting it. Press and hold Volume Down key with Home key and Power key. This makes the device enter in recovery mode. If in case the device still boots up in the normal mode, we again try this for entering recovery mode again.
- Now in recovery mode, select ‘Full Wipe’ excluding SD card. NANDROID Backup for the data can be used as well.
- Flash that zip file that was copied to your device. Now choose ‘reboot system now’.
In rare cases, the device gets stuck in Boot loop then you follow the procedure from the start again.
You have successfully updated the LG Optimus One GT 540 with latest JellyBean 4.1 CM10 Firmware. Hope that you enjoy the update on your device.
Latest posts by Ekta Jalan (see all)
- Motorola Xoom: Galaxy Nexus 7 Styled Firmware Update - September 27, 2012
- Tutorial: Sony Xperia Ray One-Click Rooting on ICS 4.0.4 - September 25, 2012
- Install CyanogenMod 10 in Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 - September 25, 2012